Laggy

Ownzed

Reaction score
Ok, When I played cs source it worked fine. I installed the new ATI Catalyst 4.11 drivers and it still worked fine. Now, after I installed the ATI Catalyst 4.12 beta drivers, It got laggy even when my ping was low and I had desint fps. So, I tryed downloading the Omega drivers and idk how they work so scratch that, then I installed the windows xp service pack 2(idk why, thought it could be it), then I installed the ATI Catalyst 4.11 drivers again and it helped some, but not all of it, like on some maps it lags and some it doesn't. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mbs, P4 2.4 Ghz, 1024mbs of ram. The video card settings are on: Resolution-1024x768, Details and shadows etc..-High, AA-2x, AF-4x, Vsync-disabled, reflect all. I had it like this before it started lagging. Now it does. Can someone PLEASE help me or fix this problem. I have no clue anymore! Thanks alot.

wish i could....i have a geforce4 mx 440...***ns great sadely enough...i can get up to 70fps lol on sucky dsl connection. that was only after i updated my driver...i give you props for trying a beta driver i wasn't gonna dare with the coming days of hl2

Yeah, I just hope HL2 doesn't lag like this! I will be PISSED!

Can someone please tell me a solution or at least something!

They are called BETA for a reason. Have you tried going to like the 4.10s or anything? I heard that the 4.11s were not good for CSS begin with. Also, the Service Pack 2 probably isn't helping things.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Roll back to 4.10 or something.
2 Get rid of the serice pack 2 (if possible).

Wow, you posted 5 times within an hour and got pissed because you didn't have a response in that time? Patience!

Definitely follow the steps above for a clean driver install. As for which driver to use, the vast majority of radeon owners saw a big performance boost from the 4.11s, and the Omegas are even better. (The omegas are based on the the beta version of the 4.11). I would go with Omega if I were you. The control panel is better, and the drivers seem to be tweaked better.

im2emo2shower said:
wish i could....i have a geforce4 mx 440...***ns great sadely enough...i can get up to 70fps lol on sucky dsl connection. that was only after i updated my driver...i give you props for trying a beta driver i wasn't gonna dare with the coming days of hl2

I have the same card. What drivers did you upgrade too???

Back