Latest Half-Life 2 footage (ECTS)

Valve didn't really have a great showing at ECTS I suspect... since Far Cry won GOTS.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
why do you say it was so much better at ECTS? i see nothing in that video that would suggest to me it was any better/different.

You dont underatand me. Im asking the same thing as you. Someone here is saying that the vid looked better graphically at ECTS than it did at E3. I asked how this was possible since it was the exact same demo. Someone said that a better rig would make the demo look better. I said that at E3 they were running the game on a Dell XPS, 128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro, 512MB Ram, a pretty good system. My question was to the person who claimed it looked better at ECTS, what was the super rig they were running on at ECTS that made it look so good. Get me?

My opinion. The person saw a bad quality E3 vid then a better quality one of the ETCS showing and mistook that for meaning the game's graphics have improved.

Originally posted by Lifthz
Valve didn't really have a great showing at ECTS I suspect... since Far Cry won GOTS.

They'd probably have had a better reception if they showed new footage.

Originally posted by Lifthz

because they showed the same video people saw 1,000,000 times

Originally posted by Bass
You dont underatand me. Im asking the same thing as you. Someone here is saying that the vid looked better graphically at ECTS than it did at E3. I asked how this was possible since it was the exact same demo. Someone said that a better rig would make the demo look better. I said that at E3 they were running the game on a Dell XPS, 128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro, 512MB Ram, a pretty good system. My question was to the person who claimed it looked better at ECTS, what was the super rig they were running on at ECTS that made it look so good. Get me?

My opinion. The person saw a bad quality E3 vid then a better quality one of the ETCS showing and mistook that for meaning the game's graphics have improved.

ah, gotcha.

Originally posted by h00dlum
the footage that u see was running on a P3 1000 Mhz with a GeForce 4 card..

http://www.gamingeye.com/pc/nyheter/nyhet.eye?id=30117 (swedish)

En intressant sak är dock att presentationen ägde rum pa en P3 1000 mhz med ett GeForce 4-kort och det hävdar Gabe Newell skulle vara fullt tillräckligt för att avnjuta spelet i dess fulla glans. Det verkar som att man kanske slipper punga ut med fyratusen för ett nytt grafikkort trots allt.

Translation:

An intresting note is that the presentation was running on a P3 1000 mhz with a GeForce 4 card, and Gabe Newell says that it should be enough to run the game in all its glory. It seems that we dont have to spend $400 on a new graphic card after all.

The presentation is a bunch of bink files, they could run that on a 766mhz pc with no 3d card! So why would the pc they ran the demonstration on matter?

*sighs*

it's the same exact video as the one at E3 gorgon, its not new, its the same

Can someone mirror it plz?

I am having some problems getting it from futurenet. Darn 56k

Why would they play teh bink files... I thought it was the same presentation as E3 which was demos.

This is really annoying me is the game going or NOT going to be released on september 30!!

woohoo... but where is the sdk with less than a month to go?

Originally posted by smilez
woohoo... but where is the sdk with less than a month to go?

I think that they are going to release the SDK with the game - not sure about that though.

That would make sense because the SDK would need game data.. ok the only things we need now are the new movies and the benchmark tool... bring them on!

Originally posted by smilez
That would make sense because the SDK would need game data.. ok the only things we need now are the new movies and the benchmark tool... bring them on!

New movies won't be long :cheers:

Benchmark is supposed to be released 1 week before the release of the full game.

Back