Latest version of Zonealarm tells Half Life to FO!! :(

[Matt]

Reaction score
I have the lastest version of zone alarm (v4.5.530.000) and for some reason it refuses to get along with half life! Ive been running Zone alarm with half life since version 2 of ZA and this is the first time ZA refuses access rights for half life without even launching the pop up box that it normally does which asks to give the program permission to access the net....

help meh!!! :(

I always close zone alarm when playing vampire slayer cos my pings higher with a firewall.

Just give ZoneAlarm access ahead of time, don't wait for the prompt.

Program Control > Programs > Add

Meant to say in my first post that if i add HL manually to the list and give it full access rights it still doesnt work....

Originally posted by |MaTT|
Meant to say in my first post that if i add HL manually to the list and give it full access rights it still doesnt work....

Ohhh.. lol, have you tried deleting its access then running HL and letting the access window come up?

ya playing cs with za is a no go. i was like wtf is going on, why is this crap freezing. then i realized that it was stupid za. now i just turn it off when playing.

Originally posted by Cyphron
ya playing cs with za is a no go. i was like wtf is going on, why is this crap freezing. then i realized that it was stupid za. now i just turn it off when playing.

That only happens in 1.5.. doesn't happen in 1.6 :)

Either way, if you write protect your config, that won't happen with ZA running

ive tried everything... seems im buggered by using the latest version :(

Well if nothing works I say just turn the thing off while your playing and then when your done turn it back on.

Yep, I have the same problem... really sucks, and still no reply from VALVe.

But turning off the firewall while playing... doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of having a firewall in the first place?

No, generally surfing is when your going to get hacked etc. Also if your on something that has alot of pop ups *cough* closing your connection kills them

Tthe thing is all previos versions of ZA worked for mo without any hassle...

Back