Latin Translation Needed

If perdire is supposed to be the infinitive of "to lose":

To lose the game through your soul.

or, if I can try and guess what the author meant:

To lose the game in your mind.

I am by no means an expert, but: The choice of "via" doesn't make any sense to me. If perdire is supposed to somehow indicate "you have lost the game" then this person fails at second person singular conjugation and past tense. So I'm pretty sure this isn't proper.

Edit: Internets are horrible for Latin, you are right.

Like, "I'm gonna watch some fansubbed animus this weekend" ?

Because all the online translators suck.

That is no proper Latin. I don't really know what the person who thought it up, meant by it, but it is probably close to what Viperidae suggested.

Seriously? Some of you learned Latin? E Pluribus Unum. Carpe diem.

Seriously? Some of you learned Latin? E Pluribus Unum. Carpe diem.

Six years during high school. It is kinda rusty now, but with a little help of a dictionary I can still read it. I guess it stuck because I had a great teacher. If the class was doing well, we were rewarded with dirty poems by Catullus.

They didn't offer Latin at my high school, nor middle school...........nor elementary school. Only languages they offered in high school were German and English. U.S. public education ftw!

They used to offer Latin, French, German, and Spanish about 10 years ago or so. Not anymore!

Anyway, uh, Carpe Diem.

And now he wants to know how to say "Lose the game through mindset" in Latin.
Yes, our public education system sucks. Spanish and French (in Texas of all places, the former I can understand, but the latter...?) for the win. /end sarcasm

I took German. It was the most worthless thing I have ever learned.

U.S. public education ftw!

I went to a public school as well, and could have taken Spanish, Latin, or French. Its probably all based on the community you live in. You probably have a lot of Germans in your area.

I want to learn German though. Such a cool sounding language. Especially when yelled.

I often like to exclaim, "Was ist das?" ("What is this?"), like I'm a 1940's German scientist, making an interesting discovery. Bordering on Dexter's Laboratory.

My girlfriend has translated tons of latin and she's pretty bemused by this phrase. Where'd you get it? I'm guessing some dude on the internet tried to translate "You just lost the game" into latin and did a crappy job of it. Especially given that Google translate displays the English as "game lost soul along the way".

In Italian!

Hai perdato il gioco.

In French!

Vous avez perdu le jeu.

In Latin!

I'm useless :l

So I can't be the only one whose thinking we should just change this thread to "How to say you just lost the game in every language we know", right?

you lose the game

tut perdotum et circorums

I went to a public school as well, and could have taken Spanish, Latin, or French. Its probably all based on the community you live in. You probably have a lot of Germans in your area.

I want to learn German though. Such a cool sounding language. Especially when yelled.

I don't think theres a lot of Germans here. Probably because my German teacher was awesome and everyone loved him.

you can make a convincing nazi in halloween

Jij verliest het spel </dutch> : >
Anyways first thing i thought of when reading it was something about penetration and venatus via animus and vagina through the anus. My mind is F'd.

Back