Leaks ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...

EDIT: But I would like to see some screenshots from the game...

All of those pics could easily have been faked.. if they had an in demo shot showing a viewing angle that wasn't seen in the e3 movies then I'd believe it

Hahah! Look at Gordons "A" at his HEV suit. This can't be right!

And to Rilcon:
Haha, and the two welcome screens says the exact same things, ODD!

I don't believe anything till i've seen origional ingame screens...
This is so easy to fake
and i have seen that ATI-readme before so...

Good joke mhtsaras!
:cheers:

except the second welcome screen only says Half-Life, with no 2 to be seen

Damn if people are going to waste their time faking a demo installer then they need to put more effort in to it!

the first image was created by morgan00 on efnet #halflife2 (it was a joke)

the second image was also made by another user in #halflife2 on efnet, also as a joke, except he posted the links for it and people thought it was real, i bitched him out about how fake it looked. (specifically the "2" in the "welcome to setup" line, it looks like it was drawn in with a pen)

the third image was created by the same person that made the second image, it was his second try after i bitched at him about how fake the first try looked, heh.

i think he did a wee bit better on the second one but still.

The guy who made the pictures forgot a "2" on the program name on http://www2.violated.net/Pics/hl2leaktask.jpg . It says "Half Life Install" in that picture and "Half Life 2 Install" in the other (and the correct name probably is Half-Life2 or Half-Life 2. :)

Edit: someone was before me! :O

Why are there two setup screens? Both are completely different, yet shows the exact same stage of installation...

But it would have been SO easy to crab an ingame pic and really prove it beyond doubt. So its not real...

Hahaha, I do NOT believe in this shit until he shows us some icons, files and some different angle-screens!
Haha, go and check out these HL2 pictures http://www2.violated.net/Pics
He's even got the logo that he used for the setup screen

I hope this is fake.
HL2 is sacred. People should put money into this game.
Asif you can't save up a few dollars (or euros) to buy this game. Gamers aren't cheap. They put a hell of a lot of $$$'s into hardware and pizza's. These same people then skimp on the games themselves which are the driving force behind the industry.
Honestly, seeing these sorts of pic's disgusts me. And I’m and 100% sure that I am one of the poorest gamers out there.

Hey you guys can stop speculating whether they're real or not, read my first reply to this topic, it explains who created those and that they're 100% certainly fake.

Yeap I think those boxes are 100% true.....
Does that mean that the game is ready??

Hah! There is no leak tech demo, only german pr0n movies with the same file name. :)

im waiting for the full game anyways... there WILL be a warez version before its official release

Yes but idiots who download the warez will not have an online cdkey, they won't be able to play online: I'm planning on buying two copies myself just for an extra key.

so am i :) I would even buy it just for the beautiful metallic box :)

"Photoshopped funnays" should be in the media forum mmmkay?

And yes the shot of the boxes is real. They're mock ups made by Valve that were at the ATi booth/HL2 booth at E3.

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
Hah! There is no leak tech demo, only german pr0n movies with the same file name. :)
They werent the techdemo?! Aw, here I have been sitting and trying to play it... I did find it odd that Alyx was moaning alot though, not to mention being nude.

I instantly noticed the bad job done on the first 3 pics, the install screens were recognisably fake. The readme was, let's say, very unlikely.

Nice to see some box-art though. Hope they keep it the same (Gabe said they were still duscussing it, after E3), I'm going to buy the special edition and the G-man box I think. Gah I hope I'll be able to find people who throw away game-boxes (GOD what a shame to let a HL2 box go to waste) and persuade them to give it to me instead. I desperately want all 4 boxes, they're just so nice.

I think it's really funny in the ATI readme pic how they thanked their suppliers and they listed id...LOL

Why would anyone think thats real.....anyone can make a fake installer in 10 minutes.

Yep, a real fcuktard, did he think he could jump about 6 foot, lol.

I think the g-man box looks a bit gay, he sort of looks like he's coming on to the camera. I like the gorden one and the silver one. The alyx ones ok too tho...

haha, I want the same glasses as Gordon if they can see through cloths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back