Leaks ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Leaks ???

Originally posted by Xtasy0
the first image was created by morgan00 on efnet #halflife2 (it was a joke)

the second image was also made by another user in #halflife2 on efnet, also as a joke, except he posted the links for it and people thought it was real, i bitched him out about how fake it looked. (specifically the "2" in the "welcome to setup" line, it looks like it was drawn in with a pen)

the third image was created by the same person that made the second image, it was his second try after i bitched at him about how fake the first try looked, heh.

i think he did a wee bit better on the second one but still.

damn this whole thread was just owned by Xtasy0

Did anyone notice the release date on the ATI readme file. May 19 2003?
LOL so fake.

This FAKE was found a few months ago on the sharereactor forums, the file they list in the info file does exist, but its just a zipped version of the e3 movies. I went through all this a few months ago, sorry guys its a fake.:x

well yea it was fake, but this is a helluva lot better then another delay thread!!!

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
well yea it was fake, but this is a helluva lot better then another delay thread!!!
Oh my Pixel, the forum residents are getting disillusioned... First it was euphoria over HL2, then it was the modboom (little moddies being thrown out the window to make room cause of the crowding), then it was the hardware rumours and GabeMail (TM) really kicking in, then the delay rumours started, then fakes... And that is BETTER than delay threads? Dear Pixel indeed...

/me goes of to chant to the Allmighty Computer Goddess Pixel for the salvation of the HL2 forum residents being corrupted by the Oh So Evil CeeTeeDee...

Here is a never-before-seen hl2 screenshot. It was taken without hud sprites enabled, just like the buggy vid was - and I think it's taken from a video feed.

Attachments

• hl2newscreen.jpg
    hl2newscreen.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 635
Originally posted by FictiousWill
Here is a never-before-seen hl2 screenshot. It was taken without hud sprites enabled, just like the buggy vid was - and I think it's taken from a video feed.
One could wip that up in no time with some modelling skills :)
A thing to note is that the shotgun? doesnt look like the shotgun in the HL2 screens. And its much smaller than in the screens. But maybe that's an animation and an older gun. If it even is the shotgun, its a bit blurry.

:bounce: OMG! i was so happy for a moment!!!! i thought it was real!

;(

You guys are fast - yes it is a fake. I pulled the shotgun from the e3 vid, and the background is from an obscure area in the unreal2 demo. :D

Originally posted by FictiousWill
You guys are fast - yes it is a fake. I pulled the shotgun from the e3 vid, and the background is from an obscure area in the unreal2 demo. :D
Well, if you would have grabbed the shotgun from one of the big screens (for instance http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/half-life2/screenshots/21.jpg) and not the E3 feed and darkened/blurred it, it might have been a pretty good illusion.
But the background is not quite HL2... Its to grey. Need more lighting :)

Edit: What's with the flying antlion back there?! :D

I'll keep that in mind and try again. I'll probably still fool people even after this set of posts, haha

Here is another fake screenshot, pretty good too :)

Attachments

• hl2dune.jpg
    hl2dune.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 275
Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
Here is another fake screenshot, pretty good too :)
No HEV suits or Combine outfits... Pff, cant be HL2... I think?

I used to have a russian screenshot of a starting screen of the hl2 techdemo, it was obviously fake but it was good quality.

Hehe thx, threw that together myself. I hate colorful wallpapers, gives me headaches, I keep it simple. I like photoshop-art, alot, but it doesn't belong on my desktop that's all.

Roach You got the icon and put it on another game and names it HL2.

Its a fake you morons, does it looks to you like a HUGE company like ATI release a warez version of a demo and kill itself right there and then ??? idiots.

No ray_MAN actually that icon was a jpeg someone made here in the media forums, i just pasted it into my wallpaper, tweaked the position a bit, added the text, sampled the blue icon-name background color from a screenshot, put a suiting box behind the text, coloured it the right shade of blue, saved it and put it as my wallpaper. Credits to Photoshop 7, and the guy who made the fake shortcut jpeg.

i hope there is a warez right away hahaha...only reason to but it = mplayer, thats where they r goning to make their $

if some1 has a leaked copy (99% no way) GFJ SOLDIER

I really hope this game doesn't get warezed... but if they delay it long enough, like after November 1st, and it does get warezed then it is going to sell alot less then if it were released when they said it would because Sept 30th has no holidays around it and people will have money where as November is around Christmas where alot of ppl will be trying to save money for Xmas gifts. And anyone that wants this game will not wait and hope they get it as a gift for christmas! :D

Originally posted by Acidtrip
Its a fake you morons, does it looks to you like a HUGE company like ATI release a warez version of a demo and kill itself right there and then ??? idiots.
The Doom III alpha was leaked by ATI :D

The Doom III alpha was leaked by ATI

the canadians own not only because of their 1 3 3 7 graphics card-making skills, but their complete lack of ethics...GFJ :p

in regards to the HL2 boxes, they look real and I beliave they are. I doubt many people will want to buy the G-Man one tho, gordon and the Silver one will prob sell the best.

Anyone here wanna buy that G-Man one?

this is offically the most redundant thread EVER. congradulations to those of you who posted without reading a single prior post, and to everyone else who made this possible.

Originally posted by Cheetarah654
in regards to the HL2 boxes, they look real and I beliave they are. I doubt many people will want to buy the G-Man one tho, gordon and the Silver one will prob sell the best.

Anyone here wanna buy that G-Man one?

I believe gave said the pic of him presenting the boxes was what the boxes will indeed look like when the game ships

Yeah yesterday night i skimmed through the valve only thread and gabe confirmed that the boxes on display on E3 (which are in the pic) will be the final box-art. Yeah I would buy the G-man box, why not? He looks sinister as always. The Alyx one is not really nice, gordon is the best one, silver is great not only because it's metal, it's the special edition :D i'm going to buy 2 copies anyway, so why not G-man and special edition. perhaps some friend of mine will buy gordon's, and give to box to me (fingers crossed)

Thanks for bringing it up even further by answering that.

Next one? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back