Left 4 Dead 2 DLC announced - Original survivors return!

Company names fall under a category of nouns called collective nouns. Collective nouns are singular, not plural.

Yes, I care that much.
Thank you for speaking up! I was going to say something...

And even easier for you to read them, so what's the problem? You've got one less bugbear to care passionately about now, be happy.

This is gonna be totally awesome. I wonder how they gonna do it though.. is it going to be 8 man co-op or what?

Perhaps this update will allow us to make L4D2 maps with L4D1 survivors.

"Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing is targeted for release in early spring for the PC and Xbox 360. Pricing will be announced closer to launch."

I doesn't seem like it's refering to X360 version only.

And now left for dead 2 is even more awesome.

I commend you valve. Finally you've made an awesome game!! Been a long time since day of defeat source was released! The last awesome game.

"Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing is targeted for release in early spring for the PC and Xbox 360. Pricing will be announced closer to launch."

I doesn't seem like it's refering to X360 version only.

Yes, I don't think that this kind of DLC will be free.

I bet it is free.

We paid way too much for this game already and valve has a history of specifically not charging for DLC on a valve game. They're treated as glorious updates.

You might be right, but I highly doubt it.

Does this mean there will be a 8 player Co-op Campaign then?

They refer to it specifically as Game Add-on, a term they have never used before, while that rather dated interview was focused around DLC. Secondly, Robin is the leader for TF2 projects; Valve may have seen it fit to handle L4D content updates differently, as it was quite evident with the original. Finally, that press release contains term pricing, rather than charges, which if my memory doesn't fail me, was the word they used to employ. Before, Valve would make it quite clear it wasn't their intention to make customers pay, if the idea came from Microsoft.

They refer to it specifically as Game Add-on, a term they have never used before, while that rather dated interview was focused around DLC.
[...]Finally, that press release contains term pricing, rather than charges[...]

Yes, I noticed that subtle difference too. Marketing twists never cease to amuse me.

Company names fall under a category of nouns called collective nouns. Collective nouns are singular, not plural.

Yes, I care that much.
It's considered perfectly acceptable (and normal) in British and Hibernian English to treat a collective noun as plural, it's just different dialects.

See wikipedia.

It'd be cool if we could play the original four in the other campaigns as well.

Back