Lets say 50-Cent made a game.. would you buy it?

Lets say 50-Cent made a game

That would be alot of work for 1 rapper.

destrukt said:
too late :p [ look @ the top of the page/down].

*Note to self, be sure to read the thread next time before writing a brilliantly witty comment

Must give props to Mineral though :naughty:

No...I think that's Nelly, who wore it for his brother in prison (feel free to correct me on that, guys). Although 50 might have done it, too...

Yeah, when he got shot. :LOL:

It's not that I don't like rap music. It's just that 50 cent doesn't make very good music at all. Hell, if the game's good, I'll buy it, but what are the chances of that happening?

Now 50 pence...they should make a game.

50 cent is a great rapper, I'm a fan of his music but this game isn't looking too good.

I will buy this game to hit my rap obsessed friend with, until he cries. :)

They should call it '50 per-Cent rating'.

*Waits for applause*

:hmph:

Zeus said:
50 cent is a great rapper, I'm a fan of his music but this game isn't looking too good.

He's a rapper? When did that happen? As far as I know, he used to talk to a beat, with a mumbling voice.

That's not rap, it's f*cking ridiculous.

PvtRyan said:
He's a rapper? When did that happen? As far as I know, he used to talk to a beat, with a mumbling voice.

That's not rap, it's f*cking ridiculous.
What is rap then? I thought that was rap...skilless "artists" bitching/lieing about livin' on da streetz.

Hey, some rap is pretty good. People like 50 and tupac have the right to whine about living in the streets because they grew up in the ghetto with bad parents (tupac) or no parents (50 cent) and saw murders commited every day right next to them not like stupid emo bands who had a decent upbringing who cry and cut themselves and whine about the stupidest things in life constantly. Skilless artists? Please, send me your amazing rap track since it's so easy to do.

Whoever shot him the first time didn't do a very good job. Lets hope the dumb little bastard bites it Tupac style in the near future.

smwScott said:
Whoever shot him the first time didn't do a very good job. Lets hope the dumb little bastard bites it Tupac style in the near future.

insert sad face here

Jesus wept

I predict EA will publish this....

"Buy 50 Cent: Bulletproof and get NSFU + NSFU 2 free!"

Axyon said:
They should call it '50 per-Cent rating'.

*Waits for applause*

:hmph:

zing!

/me runs

Zeus said:
Hey, some rap is pretty good. People like 50 and tupac have the right to whine about living in the streets because they grew up in the ghetto with bad parents (tupac) or no parents (50 cent) and saw murders commited every day right next to them not like stupid emo bands who had a decent upbringing who cry and cut themselves and whine about the stupidest things in life constantly. Skilless artists? Please, send me your amazing rap track since it's so easy to do.

Well said mate.

Zeus said:

You missed my point. 50 cent is not rap. It's talking.
And yes, 50's lyrics are all so deep and meaningful. :O

50 cent makes slobbish sexual advances and/or annoying threats in a very bored-sounding voice over outcuts from the soundtrack of some straight-to-video Chuck Norris movie. A lot of rap is good, but in my opinion 50 cent really isn't.

Also, what is it with rappers constantly having to re-inflate their own ego? Why do they all have to constantly tell you that they're the best, they're the greatest, everyone else sucks? They make the best music, they are the biggest gangsters and they give the best sex. I mean for God's sake, get a life.

Anyone ever listen to the Insane Clown Posse? :naughty: Now they are good.

I'll buy this game..
It's 50 cents right though? Can't spend more than that on this crap.

Theres good rap, & theres bad rap.
To me:

Good rap is that which poetically portrays the creative use of words and emotions amoungst a great beat & rhythm.

Bad rap is repeating similar themes over and over again, only to get a quick buck. There may be a beat, but its what the rapper is portraying which annopys me. How many more times do we have to hear about killing a cop, drug dealing, having sex, being a gangster? This isnt art, its crap.

50 cents is only promoting the video game so his fans will buy it. He is not targetting gamers....People will buy it, he will make more money...thats it...

^Yup

I'm not a huge fan of rap but I do know the difference between someone trying to express a message and someone trying to make a quick buck. Ice cube likes to do things to your mother and rob stores and do drive-bys. Good rap in my opinion is RATM there is a message and it isn't just some "G" trying to see how many cuss words he can get to rhyme with racial slurs.

It's all a matter of opinion and taste in music, but I am pretty confident that most of the mini G's will not be listening to this crap when they are in there 40's and will look back and think "what the hell was wrong with me? How did I ever enjoy listening to that junk"

The lastest trend in the videogame industry is starting, people that are deemed worthy by pop-culture are gonna be in video games and those games will sell, I just hope they will be worth playing. Mark Ecko, Vin Diesel, Brittany Spears, and now homie g's.......where the hell is my Barbara Striesand game?

Lol 50 cent making a game. This guy is so full of himself he thinks he is on top of everything. Not sure how many actually listen to rap or pay attention to it but he recently started beef with Nas, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, and others along with his own G-Unit member "The Game". I expect him to talk shit about Eminem and Dre soon because of his ego so I doubt his career will still be there by the time this game is supposed to be released. With that said I don't think any of us will get to play it (thankfully).

I'm not a huge fan of rap but I do know the difference between someone trying to express a message and someone trying to make a quick buck. Ice cube likes to do things to your mother and rob stores and do drive-bys. Good rap in my opinion is RATM there is a message and it isn't just some "G" trying to see how many cuss words he can get to rhyme with racial slurs.
All of this is pretty much a big stereotype. You are thinking of gangster rap which is virtually dead.

its pretty simple: anyone showing the least interest in 50 cent, his music, or this excuse for a game, is a teeny bopper.

Hey hey you never know, the game might be good... :rolleyes:
And swines might glide gracefully across the sky in unaided flight.

No Limit said:
Lol 50 cent making a game. This guy is so full of himself he thinks he is on top of everything. Not sure how many actually listen to rap or pay attention to it but he recently started beef with Nas, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, and others along with his own G-Unit member "The Game". I expect him to talk shit about Eminem and Dre soon because of his ego so I doubt his career will still be there by the time this game is supposed to be released. With that said I don't think any of us will get to play it (thankfully).

Yeah 50 is dissin Ja rule and he told the game that he sounds stupid when he says "ggggggg-unit!"

Rappers should concentrate on their music rather than their comedic soap opera lives sometimes :/

Zeus said:
Yeah 50 is dissin Ja rule and he told the game that he sounds stupid when he says "ggggggg-unit!"
This is a lot deeper now than what happened with Ja Rule. 50 pretty much talked smack about every rapper in the industry and did it on a horrible track. His career is finished. However, this really isn't the place for that as I doubt many people here actually pay any attention to this (I do as I am a producer).

trizzm said:
its pretty simple: anyone showing the least interest in 50 cent, his music, or this excuse for a game, is a teeny bopper.

I listen to alot of different kinds of music. I am a musician myself and I think people should be open minded. Variety is the spice of life.

I'm 30 years old and though I don't buy rap, or listen to it much, many songs by 50 cent are tight as hell. He is tied among about 5 other rap stars that are the number 1 rapper ever.
Some of his lyrics give me the chills. The things he is saying are real. He is an intelligent, poetic, dangerous exception. One song I like is the song "many men". You can listen to the video on the internet...some other songs like in da club and magix sticks are tight man, they hardly get old like most rap songs

Basically most the songs you would hear on the radio suck. If you had a chance to listen to his albums and songs he is featured in they are 10 times better.

Someone made the point that rap is basically someone talking over a beat. so the same points could be made about rock music. someone screaming over wailing guitars.

I mean if you don't like it don't listen to it, Everyone has an opinion about music, but to completely discredit rap as music is incorrect. They are poems that are supposed to rhyme along a beat that attempts to be catchy. However you wouldn't want to listen to a big nerd poet over a really lame beat, so thats why alot of people would rather listen to gang members rap. They tell stories that are interesting, like an action movie.

I used to hang out with gang members and believe me Im no teeny bopper, come on over to where I grew up you would piss yourself.

But any game that is based on music or movies .. 99% of the time is average at best. Everyone should have figured this out by now.

you know whats funny about 50 cent, he use to make fun of rappers doing it for money when he was underground...look at him now

trizzm said:

That's just being ignorant, your acting quite like a teeny bopper in just saying that.

I think there are some very rare rap songs that are phenomenal. 99% of them are crap to me, I like only the very best of every genre of music. I can't just tune into a rap station or a rock station or a trance station and just leave it. I only want to hear the very best. I think If you heard some of my favorite rap songs you might not think it sucks, you might even like it. I might be saying too much here but, I'm a criminal so I can relate

And anyone that thinks 50 cent is fake.. the guy was shot 9 times, he didn't exactly grow up in Mr.Rogers neighbourhood.
I think the criminal things he is talking about he really did. I have been friends with murderers before, they don't seem any less ordinary then anyone else.

Of course its not real when rappers talk about killing everyone, but I'm sure, like me, they have been mad enough to feel like killing someone, thats why I don't think its fake.

Anyway the game will probably be worth playing for a rental, or at a friends house, if you like rap.

i just dont like rap as a form of music, but it is ok if you like it. No skin off my back. Just wish they would start talking about life outside the ghetto, cuz they got it damn good, and here they are singing about the ghetto, and how it is hard, and how they got high and banged thier girl... it is BS.

I have never been really mad at someone, so i guess i would't know, but i would have to be really mad to think about taking someone elses life. Yet they rap about it like they do it all the time, just to be cool. Oh and i get reely pissed when i see those "gangsters" holding thier pistols sideways. WTF?? That is the most innacurate hold ever (yes i have tried... sideways hold = spray and pray).

ARRRGGG... that said i would not buy his game becuase it looks like a GTA ripoff, and i don't wish to support him

I used to hang out with gang members and believe me Im no teeny bopper, come on over to where I grew up you would piss yourself.

Piss ourselves laughing?

Sorry, couldn't resist it. :D

Someone made the point that rap is basically someone talking over a beat. so the same points could be made about rock music. someone screaming over wailing guitars.

I didn't say that, I said what 50 cent does is NOT rap, he talks, he doesn't rap. I didn't say anything about rap, I said something about the talent (or lack thereof) of 49 cent.

Back