lets see your comp workstation! - not 56k friendly-

tHEmaCHInE

Reaction score
I have seen a few threads where ppl show there comp desktops, but lets see where you sit for 22 hours a day waiting for any new HL2 news/videos! " hope you have a digital camera"

Heres mine-

cockpit.jpg

keyboard fun-

cockpit3.jpg

Comp-

cockpit4.jpg

Most people don't sit at their computers 22 hours a day; most people have lives.

It's time to go outside themachine. :) Outside is good. Btw, what's your specs?

OMG i was just kidding about sitting here 22 hours and waiting for news/videos. Calm down ppl! ;)

Well if your line of work is computers , then 22 hours a day is pretty nomal lol I work for a graphics design company and I get to work from home, so i know a thing or two about long hours in front of my comp.

Originally posted by deepers
Most people don't sit at their computers 22 hours a day; most people have lives.
hahahahahaha true that!!:cheers:

i want your keyboard. Not because it glows, but because i like the shape. All other keyboards now are shitty as hell. Too small and slim.

The good thing about that keyboard is when you play games at night you dont have to have any lights on to see your keys. Not that I stare down at my hands while playing but every once in a while you have to glance down for a sec.

Wow, that's some serious machine you got there... It also surprises me that your desktop is tidy, I know very few people (including myself) who keep a tidy desk ;)

That is a real nice setup theMachine, i would post a picture of mine but it is all over the place an changes all the time!! Im having to use family PC at the moment while im home from uni as my dad has something against me drilling a hole in the cealing to run a cable to my PC, oh well i will never understand his generation.

PainLord, whats with the chair!? lol looks like your on the edge of your seat waiting for the new HL2 videos lol.

How big are you the machine? Its a very nice set up but its a bit cramped.

If i could choose what i was doing to a larger extent than now (basically if money wasnt an issue) then i would have a nice long curved desk with a lot of room. The desk not curved so its closes you in but curved enough so you dont need to get up to reach everywhere, you just have to roll to a better position. I would also probably have more than one screen. Perhaps a nice big projected screen as my main one then a couple of others for work.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
How big are you the machine? Its a very nice set up but its a bit cramped.

I have 3 computers at my house now, this is my gaming system and I use one just for work and the other is for my girlfriend to mess around on. Its not small at all. " oh i'm 6ft 185lbs lol "

Im 6 foot 5 so thats probably why i thought it was cramped. Not only that but regardless of my size im used to having a lot of space anyway.

I'd post mine, but i couldn't be bothered, finding Digital Camera...and taking pictures of all 8 and then shrinking them to a reasonable size and then posting them.....

Yer nice set up theMachine, although, I agree with Farrowlesparrow, that its a bit cramped...i like to stick my elbows out when playing games :p

These pics are a few months old, but the room still looks the same. I'll post updated pics when I get hold of a camera again :)

I would put mine on but i need a camera :(

Here you can watch what I'm gaming at. These pictures are taken with my Nokia 7650 - not the best quality, please bear with it.

So, let's begin with one overview-shot of my rig;
stylishoverview.jpg

What we're looking at here is a newly bought Dell Dimension 8250 sporting a P4, 3.06 GHz, 1536 MB RDRAM, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and 2x120 GB HDD.

Now, let's take a closer look at my sound-accessories;
This is the surround-making-part of my Altec Lansing ADA 995 5.1 Speaker set;
dellspeaker.jpg

These have a natural position on either side of my monitor, and the other two are standing on either side on my media-rack;
mediarack.jpg

(That picture also holds my collection of DVD- and VHS-movies and my main accessory for my close-combat training. (Which by the way has come to it's seventh year this summer and I'm getting pretty damn good at it !))

Well, let's continue to my two most valuable pieces of my speaker-set;
dellwoofer.jpg

This little baby has made a few windows shatter in my apartment and also summoned a few visits from some certain easy-disturbed neighbours.

But then there are some heavy-sounding games (and movies) which usually needs some extra bass to give it's full effect and that's when mr. backup is turned on;
backupwoofer.jpg

This quake-making monster is FAR ahead in the door-knocking-by-angry-neighbours business ! This one has made a few cracks in the floor when playing games like Quake 3, Unreal 2, UT 2003, CS and such (and let's not forget the time I watched Godzilla, Sum Of All Fears and The Rock...) !! I had to put two layers under it to relieve my conscience.

Down to the right we have my big and beautiful Tower;
delltower.jpg

The three pieces this mother has is from the top; a DVD-ROM, a DVD-RW and a regular HDD

Here comes a picture of my throne;
chair.jpg

This is a pretty expensive office-chair - built to let game-fanatics like me endure several days of uninterrupted gaming. And I tell ya, this piece don't leave a single mark - no matter how long you sit in it. There's no way that my g/f will ever know that I've been home all day surfing around for HF2 media and playing online-games !! There has never been easier to lie about your daily "work" !

But ofcourse, no wire-less computer rig comes without cables and no gamer in the world can sit forever without at least becoming a LITTLE bit tired. And that's where these two elements comes together in a masterpiece;
energizing.jpg

I just stick my feet into those bundles of cables and a few shocks later, it's like it was 08:00 am the day I first sat down ! Bad thing is that I become all static and my plastic mouse gets stuck in my right palm - but hey, why let go anyway ??!

And for last, we have a decent picture of my newest games which I cycle through over a couple of weeks at a time;
gamesandgore.jpg

Right behind the chinese wall of games, are my trusty air-flight-stick which has been with me for countless flight-hours. It and me has fought some great battles in the past. Now it's been left alone for some time 'til I get my hands on any newer great flight-games. And leaning against the wall is my newest self-defence equipment purchase - great for letting the cats know that your computer is not their playground or any of their business too.

Remember, if you are a true gamer - NO ONE can ever make you leave that chair you're sitting in !!!

themachine - who makes your keyboard, i really want it!

Originally posted by Steelhed
Jeeezus jaeger, When do you find time to get out??..LoL
See that's the thing... I don't go out. :LOL:

j/k :cheese:

Jesus...Jager, care to swap your fancy schmancy TV for my 1985 (seriously, it's from 1985) 21" TV? Cmon, fair trade! Anyway...you people have such nice computer rooms. I have this small 8x10 room with an old wooden chair (hurts my back like hell) and an old wooden desk (it used to slide, but now it's stuck). I hate you all! *runs to a corner and cries*

-Vert

Originally posted by Murray_H
themachine - who makes your keyboard, i really want it!

Its by a company called " eluminX " when it came out it cost around a $100.00 bucks, but look around its getting cheaper now.

Vertigo.. god I know how you feel.
people here have hardwood floor ffs.. I have carpet who smells like cat pee.

Damnit i need a camera, you wouldnt see much though.

lol can see who has money
my computer is just a basic thing in a little room wif
a old chair :(
and i want that keyboard machine but 100 quid :/ no thnx :p
unless ur paying?

SpuD nice setup and comp! very nice.

And Deacon i'm with you a $100 bucks for a keyboard is alot, i got it for a great deal. But after using it for a while now i would pay the 100 bucks to replace it, it's sweet!

[EDIT] I deleted my post cuz i used geocities to put the pix on (forgot how to use angelfire), so no dice guys

Sry, your missin out, I know my workshop would blow you all away :)

Heres my weak ass chair and my wiener dog!

And thats the the camera titled its the chair, it also goes the other way =)
Sorry, i cant find a good free host, you just have to click on the links!
EDIT: Just go here to view em all http://www22.brinkster.com/spudinator/main.html

Back