Level Designer needed

S

SmackAHobo

Hi guys,
This is my first post on these forums, however i have been floating around here for quite some time just sapping up all the beautiful knowledge that's accumulated around here.

Anyway to get to the point. I am in need of a level designer for a recently started Horror Mod of valves award winning agme Half Life 2 (yes another one!)
Your probably thinking "This is going to fail within a few weeks" but let me tell you, it's not! I am in no rush to just quickly whack something together and release it. These things take time and hard work.

I have spent countless hours researching how to scare people. I've researched how it's done in movies, how it's done in other games and what different ways to effect people emotionally (or physically:cheese:). I've downloaded numerous horror maps (at least they claim to be horror) and i am yet to be scared by any of them. I've played numerous maps aover the last couple of days and IMHO the same technique is used over and over. Basically i'm going to create something that hasn't been seen before (in HL2) with techniques that are used in various other horror games (Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Doom3, F.E.A.R ect)

This mod, is not an entire mod from scratch. It will be using all the same models from the original Hl2 with my own customized things such as sound effects, voice acting ect. (This is likely to change, new models will probably be needed but right now it is not nessecary)

So right now for those who are interested, i am seeking a level designer who is willing to do rough sketches (couloured/uncloured) of the various locations the player will be exploring.

I need one or more individual(s) who can create realistic and detailed landscapes and environment images to give an impression of the environemnts individuals will find in-game. These environments will mostly consist of scary, haunted, atmospheric and confined (indoor) spaces.

You will need the following skills:

- The ability to design environments from ideas

- Ability to produce images of medium to high quality which can be easily understood and followed (by level designers) using any medium you are comfortable with (tablet/paper etc)

- Be active and able to take and use suggestions and criticisms

- Be able to work independantly after being given a task

- Get along and work with other people

- Being dedicated to this project until the end

If you think you fit into this and believe you are capable then please contact me at superprankster [at] hotmail [dot] com

NOTE: Development of this mod is not taking place as of yet. The story / script is being written and complete development will begin after the new year. This project will take time and dedication, so only those who are dedicated (NO BS!) are wanted.

Regards,
SmackAHobo

It's good that you made the most basic research game designer has to do before starting a new project, however, I think you need to write a little about the mod. What features do you have? I know it won't be a TC, but you can still have some new interesting game mechanics in the maps.

People want to hear what makes this mod so special before they sign up for anything.

As i said, i can't really say much as the story is still being written. But basically what will make this mod so good will be the storyline and how it will immerse the player.
This mod will be focusing highly on the scare factor aswell.

Back