light problem

crackhead

Reaction score
ok i followed a video tutorial and made a hanging light but it doesnt work. if i just have a move_rope entity and a keyframe rope entity linked then its fine but wen i put a phys_lengthconstraint and a prop_physics_overide and link them all then what happens is the lamp will be hangin in the air and if i shoot it it acts normal but the the rope will be point in some other direction not moving. wen i look in the editor at where the rope ends it is what i think is the world origin it is a blue line going up a redline going acros and a green line going across like what shows up on an entity when u select it liek the xyz graph. does anybody know why it is doing this.

make sure you set the parent of the keyframe rope to the name of the object being controlled by the length constraint.

in reply to #1 i dont know it was a northen bloke talking sounded like he was from manchester or sumwhere

in reply to #2 yeh i have done that

yea i got that video too, and it was ichi.

and im having the same problem..it worked the first time..but not anymore..apperently it works fine in HL2SP and DM

in cs:s you can only use a model with the phys_ballsocket to get such effects

Mmm, a thread from January...

Well, in CS:S, in order to force one object to move wi--wait a minute, you're the same guy from that other thread! Is it really necessary to bump multiple threads from six months ago in order to ask a question that's been answered countless times?

Back