Light shining through doors

T

terryirwin86

i am taking issue with the fact that the light source from adjacent rooms shines through the doors when they are closed what texture blocks light because i figure i can make a textured brush with what ever that is and parent it to the door but again what texture can i apply to the brush to block light?

never mind i imagine it is the "block light" texture....

yeah i get that problem with the light seeping through a funcbreakable brush.

The sad truth is that Source does not supports dynamic shadow and no matter what you do you either have to block the light completely or let it shine no matter if the door is open/close. THe best solution in this case would be using the BLOCKLIGHT material to block off all the lights from coming through the door (looks less weird that way imo)

Well.. i fixed it when i did it by simply making a no draw over teh door area where the brush is.. and that blocked out the light :x but i dunno if im thinkin of same thing as you are.

Well, if you want the shadows to move and block light as the door goes, parenting a blocklight brush (or something of that ilk) to the door wont work. It's just impossible unless with the fake dynamic shadows Valve used on props and such. (which will look weird)

Just so you know :)

yeah when you complie your map the shadows are like burned into the brushes so dynamic shadows are out of the qusetion

just try not to make the light difference between doors too noticeable. if its like night and day then theres really no way around this.

Back