light_environment dont do a shit

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
I have made a map, and i put a light_environment and points it at an area, and it lights up. But the problem is that the map is pretty big, so i need more of them. So i made more and pointed them at different areas. But when i tested the map, none of them worked!!! The sky and everything is light, but the brushes and models are dark!

Why cant i have several Light_environment, how do i light up a big map with only one??? PLEASE HELP. I dont want to put out 999 light entitys!

Just wondering, how did you fix it, incase another person runs into this problem ?

drgon47

he probably didnt have a skybox which is required, and you only need one light_env

I had a skybox, all i did was rising the light_environment to the top, high high high in the sky, and then pointed it down, which make the Radius of the light area big enough to light up the whole map.

It doesn't matter if it is high high high in the sky or low low low on the floor, everything is in the angle and the brightness (last number (4th) after the RGB (red green blue)).

What he's saying is that it doesn't have a radius, it gives off light from the skybox brushes.

yea, but when i have it exakly on the top, it directs down in the middle, before it had an angle from the side.

... Hmm... No. The angle is something you decide in the properties. Once set (You can angle it from it's current position if you want to semi-simulate it in the editor to get it at the aprox. right angle) you can move the light_env anywhere you want in your level. Doesn't matter.

Don't try to argue with me on this one.

Back