lights.rad error

Faulk_Wulf

Reaction score
I used the create mod button. Added a new weapon, and want to test it. Built a simple map, and went to compile it. After adding two new folders that it said I needed, I got THIS error:

Valve Software - vrad.exe (Dec 15 2004)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
1 threads
Could not find lights.rad in lights.rad.
Trying VRAD BIN directory instead...
ERROR: Couldn't open texlight file c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\faulk_wulf\sourcesdk\bin\lights.rad

Any ideas at all?

Same here, it just doesn't work, I didn't add anything new, but it still has the same error.

... Is this from the recent update? Or were you guys trying a new mod too? Because I haven't run Hammer for HL2 since the update. Nice to know others have the same problem... well, kinda. lol.

I had the exact same thing... copy the lights.rad file from your Steam\SteamApps\*username*\half-life 2\hl2 folder and put it in your Steam\SteamApps\*username*\sourcesdk\bin folder... it fixed the problem for me...

I have no idea why really... did you guys create your own mod too for this map or are you mapping for HL2 or CS:S?

yes I'm trying to do a little single player mod...

Edit: Thanks meyer, I copied the lights.rad from the hl2 folder to "modname" folder and it works like a charm... YOU ARE MY PERSONAL HERO!! :cheers: (merry christmas)

Back