Lightwave help

DeathlessOne

Reaction score
What tools are good for making a blade for a sword in Lightwave? I've tried a few methods, nothing seems to be as realistic as I want.

umm, i don't really know lightwave too well but i'm sure it has similar toos to max. Use "chamfer" on the edges or a tool that turns a 90 into a 45 degree angle. "Cut" tool to make inscicsions wher you ned to define more shape. a "scale" tool with extrude to soften the flow of the blade. I'll see if i can find a decent tutorial for lightwave. for now though check out the Joan of Arc charechter tutorial for max it goes into detail how to make a sword in max you should be able to take some of that into lightwave.

Depends on the kinda of blade you want. The easiest way would be to take a flate poly from the hilt and either Extrude it or Bevel it out to create the main part of the blade. From there you can bevel the edges once or twice to create a nice cutting edge.

I made a sword a while back, perhaps I should create a tutorial for it... hmm...

You might check over here too:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28

You'll have to find out on your own how to make the blade, but some hints would be helpful I guess. Incase you didn't know, if you have a box, circle, sphere, or any other primitive shape, then you can press the n key while it still has those cyan markers on the edges and it will let you modify it. Secondly, the most useful tool in Lightwave is the Cut tool, which can be used by pressing Shift+k.

Thanks guys, I would like to see a picture of that sword. If you have time please post it.

Here's that sword I was talking about. I made it for a modeling contest, then /\ was around 1000 I think.

I attached the file too incase you wanted to look at the geometry.

blade.jpg

Back