Link to HLSource gabe interview

Damn they missed off the t-shirt part, personally I thought that was the best bit :)

Ah so DOD is coming to source, that's the first place I've actually seen the big guy mention it specifically. Nice find :thumbs:

Gabe Newell: Well, for the first time we're talking about what we're going to be doing for multiplayer for Half-Life 2, and what we've done is, we've taken all the original Half-Life 1 content.. so Half-Life 1 single player, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, DeathMatch, Day of Defeat, and we moved them over to source. We are showing that to people... so that you can see what De_Aztec looks as people are playing it. So that you can see how we take advantage of shaders and ... physics...to create a better environment for the multiplayer games which are about 90% of what's being played online.
I think that is the most interesting info right there. DoD, Deathmatch, TF Classic all confirmed being moved over to source.

Wow.

"We want to hurry up and ship the damn thing."

Take that, all you valve-bashers. Let's just hope it's soon...

Also, that's what makes the MP issue so confusing. That quote makes it seem like all the old mods are going to be HL2 MP. That can't possibly be true, but that's kind of what Gabe actually implied in the quote.

And does anyone else think it's really damn annoying how much the interviewer says "outstanding"?

Outstanding... (hey, it's a popular world apparently)

Yeh bet they cut the bit out where Gabe told him to shut it and learn how to interview :p

digsy said:
Yeh bet they cut the bit out where Gabe told him to shut it and learn how to interview :p

That would have been outstanding to hear.

Back