Linkin' Park

TigerStar

Reaction score
Jeez, no one likes linkin park anymore? This place used to be swarming with linkin park fans!

What the hell!?

This place has never been *swarming* with Linkin Park fans, if it had it'd have been fire bombed by now.

I used to like linkin park back in the fifth grade.

It shows exactly how immature most of their fans are...

I still like them, great band, great music, great songs :)
sinkoman said:
I used to like linkin park back in the fifth grade.

It shows exactly how immature most of their fans are...
That only shows how immature you are.

Gray Fox said:
That only shows how immature you are.

WOW, lighten up.

Some of their old stuff was ok, but after the second or so remake of THIER OWN SONG, they kinda went emo and needed to stfu.

First album good. Remix album blew. CD with JayZ (from what I've heard of it... ~.3 seconds) sucked.

Conclusion: Linkin Park was good before they tryed to impress everyone and tryed to get into the mainstream. Kinda familiar... a lot of good artists do that. :(

Qonfused said:
Conclusion: Linkin Park was good before they tryed to impress everyone and tryed to get into the mainstream.

/boggle

They were always mainstream. o_O

What I like about Linkin Park is that they're always changing their sound.

The first album was more rock with some rap elements.
The second album was more of an industrial/electronic rock remix with more rap elements.
The third album was more of a pop rock sound with (again) some rap elements (although not as much as the previous) and some industrial/electronica.
The fourth album was more of a rap remix with some rock elements.

I think this is one of the reasons why they're so popular and at the same time so unpopular. If you're into either rock, pop, industrial, or rap, one of their 4 albums would suit your tastes. At the same time, you could end up liking one style (i.e. Hybrid Theory) and despise the other 3. Those with more broad musical tastes could end up liking all 4 of them.

...or something like that.

I like all the genres you mentioned (except pop) and I think every album theyve made is utter shite. But thats just me.

I have very broad musical tastes and I think that they've produced a lot of shite. I do like Numb / Encore though, but I prefer Jay Z + DJ Dangermouses's version of Encore.. mmm

KagePrototype said:
/boggle

They were always mainstream. o_O
qft. i liked them for a bit back in fifth or sixth grade, but i was getting to dislike them about the time the video for one step closer started running on MTV2. i hate to be elitist like this, but i did like them before they were big, and i stopped liking them about the time they went big, but not because of it.

Back