List of things needing fixed.

mayro

Reaction score
*People crashing servers by changeing their name to BLAH
*Physics lagging when naded
*Physics not working as shown in videos "Cant move table on italy to block doorway. Barrels do not allow you to stand on them"
*Gettings stuck on terran.
*Physics items causeing you to bounce arround.

.... It goes on and on but this is enough to get started....

They can fix the physics problems by changeing the map to use single player physics on the barrels and tables... i dont know why they dont do that anyway becuase its been shown with the hacked maps to A not cause any problems and B no more lag then the other type.

Im getting really tierd of being in the middle of a game and then some ***** !@#! comes in and crashs the game. I dont care if people use steam for free but by god their needs to be a way to keep them from joining our legit games. They have no care of weather or not they get banned becuase all they need to do is change their darn account name.

VALVE FIX THE FRIKIN GAME.

Physics will lag on EVERY GAME when using grenades. the reason you dont see it on doom/far cry is because in CS:S you have LOTS more items and it has to update via server first.

So what you want, realtime physics but everyones is different or slow physics with everyone seeing the same thing?

If they just finished HL2 then at least give them time to go on a much deserved vacation first.

The in-game debug menu where you can add wallhack and are able to see where other team players are on the map. Very stupid of them this one.

specbug.jpg

incorrect

your processor/ram

*Physics not working as shown in videos "Cant move table on italy to block doorway. Barrels do not allow you to stand on them"
They wont allow that in the current maps, they're not designed for it.

^^

Fair play.

Uh. This is still beta. I think when HL2 goes gold, it'll get an update. Hopefully. Until then, I'm not playing CS:S until it's fixed (and I have my 6800gt).

Vidrio said:
incorrect

your processor/ram

^^

Fair play.

Dude... i put blah their because were not suppose to post things that other idiots will go around doing to people. Please actually know what you are talking about before responding.

* hostages getting stuck on a gun laying on the floor and not being able to move until you shoot it away

* being able to stand on top of the exit signs in cs_office

well then say so? Your the one dishing out false imformation not me.

It is indeed possible to crash every client on a server by setting your name to a certain thing... I wont say it, but *cough* i've tried it and yer, it does really work.

They also really should take out the bounce. I find it more annoying than anything. I hate when a gernade goes off leaving file cabinets scattered about, along with some boxes and other garbage, and if somebodys coming and I need to get through a doorway or something, they just throw me back out. I had a good 8 people on one of the "fixed" maps and it ran pretty good for the most part. I would imagine a server would be able to do it better than me.

Also, whenever I rescue the top hostages in italy, and bring them down to get the other ones, somebody almost always gets stuck. They really are way to stupid. I got all four, made a break for the point. Bing, got em. Whats that? I was missing one, so I sprinted back through the level and almost got killed getting to him. Just to end the round I killed him [the hostage] thus giving us the win.

They dont need to make some super huge patch to release only one day a week. If they get something fixed they should upload it and fix it as they go. I mean come on, i can live with every bug except the server crash bug. How hard would it be for them to block the % charecter from names untill the bug is fixed?

How hard? I don't know I'm not a programmer. It's not like the game is unplayable or there's a CTD bug every five seconds. Besides it's sunday, we just have to wait, I'm sure something will happen in this week.

I wasnt trying to be a ass or anything, sorry para. I just cant seem to stay in a game longer than 10 minutes without someone coming in and crashing the game. :(

Good news is, our friends over at hl2world have done whatever with the maps and fixed them.... AKA- Physics that work well on the maps. Just got off a 30 player office fixed map, its nice to not get stuck on stuff.

Not endorseing useing maps that probably use a messedup builder, but these are the CSS legit maps edited so that the physics are physics regular and not mp. I belive valve will end up changeing the physics all to regualr as this doesnt seem to effect ping.

mayro said:

This was a Half-Life 2 movie not a CS:S movie. CS:S uses the same engine but they don't have to program all the same stuff in. We don't drive vehicles in CS:S either, because it is a mod. Not Half-Life 2.

Vidrio said:

Yeah, I guess that's why they SHOWED IT BEING DONE in an early CS:S video.

Oh, maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen a lot of CS:S videos doing this.

getting stuck in terrain is "fair play"?

must have missed that meeting..

there are a couple of spots where it is flat

and you should NOT be stuck like your feet are cemented in place..

personally I don't call that "fair play"..

coming from T-spawn,cross the bridge,make a left,go straight to the wall

ahead of you and walk along it to the right,not down the ramp..

stuck,huh?..is that "fair play"?

granted the last time I tried to recreate this little gem was a couple of days ago..

so maybe its fixed in some "secret" update I don't know about..

I understand if you can't duck-jump onto something properly or

YOU get yourself stuck with barrels or something,but the map itself

should not make you stick on something that isn't there

also the server crashes once a person called %N is killed - he was talking about it in some server i was in, and then BAM.... all my money :(

mayro said:

For starters, its your CPU lagging when the wood breaks. Theres probably a console command to turn down the number of breaks allowed which should help you.

As for the other two...

gmail said:
azz0r to Jess
Oct 7

You should remove the pushyness from tables and cabinets - it ruins
the whole blocking doorways thing :)

- Aaron Lote
-- modDB.com administration
---Wuggawoo.com creator

Jess Cliffe to me
Oct 7

This is actually a technical/bandwidth issue. We will look into other solutions.

There is a fixed office and italy map floating around (hl2 world) that lets you stand on objects. Although its great Valve took it out because of the email above - hence theyve obviously quality tested it and it didnt work out how they wanted. I do agree it would be nice to have a server cvar so its possible to atleast choose it.

They need to fixthe problem where there are only 2 models (1 CT and 1 T). :mad:

Thats not a problem, its a lack of content.

As with CZ - I expect a huge patch soon which will add maps, bots and models.

Yeah, all the complaining about lack of maps and models is pretty dumb. CS has ALWAYS been like that, adding maps and extra crap as time went on.

Back