List of Upcoming mods?

Originally posted by bgesley426
wow nice screenshots on Jungle Mist, are you using the beta to test your mod out? Or how are you within those maps? Graphics look more like the original HL engine than a new one, but what do I know? I didn't even download the beta

That is the Half-Life engine. Mods shouldn't be using the beta and hacked source code to make their mod. If they do, don't play their mod...

we should do a poll, how many mods who's name begins or contains "operation"

no really, not being funny or anything, just curious how many there actually are, I've seen a few already and unfortunately all I remember is the operation part of them :(

Originally posted by Argyll
That is the Half-Life engine. Mods shouldn't be using the beta and hacked source code to make their mod. If they do, don't play their mod...

It should be relativly easy to find those teams cheating with the stolen files. I'd imagine dates and such on files that have been created with the software that will come with the game. Those before a certain date will be suspect, as will the mods that appear too quickly

Personally I think the testing some of the things in the HL1 engine is a good way of doing it, if it works in there your pretty much ok for it working great in HL2, or something like that.

Erm, we're testing stuff in an engine we are making ourselves :p Not the beta, so our early stuff is NOT beta-made :p

Originally posted by mrBadger
Erm, we're testing stuff in an engine we are making ourselves :p Not the beta, so our early stuff is NOT beta-made :p

who said you were using the stolen files to test on? ooooh now you've made me all suspicious of you hehehe j/k

but anyway mmmmmm in house software, good idea :) I hadn't considered having a new engine built up from scratch just to test with, seemed like overkill for getting it to the level of the source engine when that will be available in a few months.

Though I will likely be making use of the other stuff we've got in house, especially t.i.t.s (terribly innacurate texture support) which was the name given to a piece of in house poly reduction software we'd comissioned along with a bunch of others, its first version made a complete mess of UV mapping, hence why I was "forced" to give it that name haha.

Anyways it appears to work now so I plan on using that to see how it handles converting very high poly models down to low poly game versions without harming the mapping. The programmer we had write it for us says theres some fancy alorythm(sp?) in it to do a better job than most *shrugs* I'll believe it when I personally see it back up his claims in a live test, guess I'll eventually find out if he was worth the money, been told it does a great job but I've never had a need to use it myself until now. Saying that I imagine I'll want to still do a lot of it manually just to be on the safe side, but it could come in useful for the LOD's of which I'm sure there will have to be a lot

Erm, we're testing stuff in an engine we are making ourselves Not the beta, so our early stuff is NOT beta-made

I've been using RTCW for testing. With it I've been able to look at character models, weapon models and map designs with it. No real play testing, but Acceptable for some concept testing. Just wish it has normal mapped characters.
I've got so much to do and so little time to work on it that the release delay hasnt realy changed things for me very much(but an SDK would still be great).

Mrmagnetic

I can't believe Mr.Magnetic is still pretending his mod isn't dead. He completely ripped off the talented artist Sparthe and parading around like the the art was actually FOR the mod, like sparthe was actually a mod member.

sparthehttp://perso.wanadoo.fr/arth/

Then when sparthe found out, Mr.magnetic was forced to remove all but 10 pictures. I'm surpised sparthe didn't force magnetic to remove all of the pictures. Even now he doesn't give sparthe proper credit. At moddb he has the GALL to complain that others don't like his mod because their jealous of his concept art.

Yeah the rating kind of sucks because some people have a vendetta against the mod because we actually have good conecpts.

DUDE! YOU STOLE THE ART!

People like this who disregard intellectual properties should get banned, given how important respecting intellectual properties should be for modders.

For once, I agree with Cerberus. Oh dear god, some of you will say, but what the hell, he's right. :)

:eek:

Back