Little Big Planet release date announced

Rapstah

Spy
Reaction score
It's going for a September release together with Killzone 2, apparently. /preorders both

According to the latest Sony Computer Entertainment UK release schedule PlayStation 3 gamers will have plenty to keep them occupied this autumn, with three massive titles hitting stores.

Scheduled for release in September are LittleBigPlanet and Killzone 2, with Insomniac Games' launch title sequel, Resistance 2, pencilled in for a November release.

The titles are likely to go up against some heavy hitters from Microsoft, including Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and Banjo.

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/news/26-03-2008-7860.html

Man its going to be a great ****ing year! PS3 is so going to own.

Oh, and before it actually happens, can moderators please delete any potential PS3-hostile tags that could appear?

Highly misleading title and this is old news.

I'm still going to be getting it.

whats the point in tags anyways?

PS3 has mgs4 coming out this year that's all it needs.

And the PC/360 release date? :)

:(
PLEEEEEZE don't start. The internets can only handle so much of this tomf_ckery.

Awesome news though. September can't come fast enough!! (Though I aim to appreciate every second of this summer, so maybe it can.)

says october. . .
but anyways, this is probably the only reason i'd buy a PS3
the game looks incredible!
here's hoping for a PC/360 version :p

I seen a demo of it being played on TV.. Honestly doesn't look amazing.. I guarantee people will love it, then after a month it'll be just another game in the box.

Another trailer I haven't seen before:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37307.html

I seen a demo of it being played on TV.. Honestly doesn't look amazing.. I guarantee people will love it, then after a month it'll be just another game in the box.

We'll see how fresh the user created content can keep the game. If it delivers what's been promised, I see no reason to doubt it having quite a bit of longevity.

/uninterested

:eek: How could you not be. This game just reeks of amazing.

Amazon trailer is pure sex!

5fi0wh.gif

:thumbs:

I know that wasn't directed at me but I don't care.

The game looks interesting, but it looks like it'd get old relatively fast, tbh. Like maybe a week or two.

Plus I don't own a PS3, so I don't give a shit.

I can't say it's got me interested either sadly.

Though I gotta say those little dolls look hot, wouldn't mind putting one of them ontop of my pole.:LOL:

I have a few saved up pennies.... and LBP is one game that I think looks absolutely totally ****ing sweet.

I may... may MAY get myself an early Xmas present....

I am already designing levels in my head. Man, I know some of you creative guys are thinking the same thing and if you are not then shame on you!! This game will not die within a month. This will be the hottest thing since multiplayer.

Some games, like Spore, I have absolutely no interest in but I can understand at least to a degree why others are interested in it. LBP on the other hand completely confounds me. I simply don't see what is so interesting about this game. It must be my dislike for all of those create your own content gimmicks or something. As a PS3 owner I'm dying for a new game too, but it surely won't be this one.

So what, this is Garry's mod for the consoles?
Meh, looks like a pain in the ass to play.

This is the only game that has me briefly momentarily thinking about maybe perhaps possibly buying a PS3.

Damn the adorableness that is sackboy.

So what, this is Garry's mod for the consoles?
Meh, looks like a pain in the ass to play.

If the extreme amounts of user generated content doesn't appeal to you, then there's an entire platforming game on the disc, and you don't have to bother with downloading other levels or dealing with that side of the game. I can't remember which news site said this, but they said LBP was one of the most pure and fun platformers since Super Mario World. Now that is saying something.

Come visit mai!:eek:
Good idea! Guinness and debauchery in Dublin ftmfw!

Game just looks sooooo good. It's genuinely appealing to me with the creative aspect, but most of all the platforming just looks FUN. Which is a strange word to associate with games these days.

dat is great news dat killzone 2 is ocming out dis autumn now insteado f 09 unless i misinterpreted this lol cant wait!!!

dat is great news dat killzone 2 is ocming out dis autumn now insteado f 09 unless i misinterpreted this lol cant wait!!!

Oh god, use actual english please!

But yes, this topic is old, and Killzone 2 is still coming out February 2009.

That has to be the biggest load of bullshit I have ever read about delaying a videogame.

Back