Loading is tickin me off...

Z

zaeruc

I picked up HL2 sunday and have been playing all after noon today. Its been bothering me that as i progress in the game, it periodically stops, says loading, then after it finishes lags a lil and returns to normal. Is anyone else getting this problem? Does anybody know a solution to the problem? Any help would be nice.

it's not a problem, it's how Half-Life 2 loads environments.

It's better than the alternative.

It is annoying but you just have to deal with it. Get more RAM if it's really driving you insane.

It autosaves after loading so you get a second of lag. Just don't rush into a fight for a second.

not like it ever loads in the middle of a fight, i think once there were a few combine shooting at me somewhere on the airboat levels but thats it.

Sucks that those of us with craploads of ram can't load levels dynamically as we progress.

thnx

thanks for the help i was thinking this was the problem. otherwise i thought it would be my hd's transfer rate. i'm making a new comp soon, and planned to get a gig of ddr2, versus my low latency 512 of ddr1. still debating weather or not to go with scsi or stick to sata. thanks again for the help.

u could just raise the heapsize for ur ram it would make loading alot faster

giant384 said:
u could just raise the heapsize for ur ram it would make loading alot faster
I did that, but it I didn't see a significant decrease in loading times. Could you tell me why? I got 768 MB RAM. I set the heapsize to 384000.

Mountain Man said:
Here's a dollar. Go buy yourself some patience.

o0o0o You got served. :p

Anywho... I got about 800mb RAM and it takes 20 sec to load. It's gay but HL2 still owns.

0 second load time for a stupid game I don't even want to play.
20-30 second load time for the (imo) best game ever.

Yeah, I'd take the second option...

Its not the game , its your pc. Load times and lag afterwards - non existent here. It just says loading sometimes and almost no wait not even 3 seconds. You may need more ram. newegg.com or tigerdirect.com have good prices on ram

Loads usually last me about 30 seconds sometimes, usually aroudn 10, can get as high as a minute. It destroys the flow of the game, and I would think 512MB RAM would be enough to get a little bit faster than that.

loads last at least 1 min for me but im just runnin the min speks. will be geting some ram soo, Hope that will speed it up a bit.

Back