Loading then Crash?

From what has been said at HL2Fallout, if you have ANY of HL:S or CS:S partially downloaded, then CS:S or HL2 may not work at all. THis apparently may be the sourece of all of the memory errors/graphics issues. I am testing this now, and will update when I have finished (about 60 min left -- damnit)

MajorPayne

I don't have hl:S...I have bronze package...and getting the same problem

mmmmm I get the game to launch,
click start,
start new game,
loading screen appears
then about a second later appear back to the hl2 start screen.

Fiddle with lots of internal game settings nothing. zip nil nadda.

PS mods maybe have a hl2 technical help sub forum ?

I'm getting the valve splash screen, then it just sits there.. I left it for 50 mins using 100% cpu time to do gawd-knows-what :/

Godmil said:
I'm getting the valve splash screen, then it just sits there.. I left it for 50 mins using 100% cpu time to do gawd-knows-what :/

Mate I'm lost, haven't heard of this error yet :(

I had the problem of the machine hanging at the initial startup screen ("Loading...").

It turns out my McAfee firewall was blocking HL2.exe and was asking my permission.

Can some people please right click on HL2 in 'play games' and go to properties...

...and see if their ammount acquired is at 99%?

Yeah im having the same problem, but mines random at times from being the first loading screen... to a saved game loading... to a new level loading.
As of now im about 5 maps in but now ive gotten perminatly stuck at one area that loads since i can never get past it, everytime i step into the loading "zone" it will just flash up the loading icon and then a few seconds later gives me a lovely error tone and sends me back to desktop.
Really sucks since this game is EXTREMLY fun to play.
The only thing in CS:S I experianced this with is just for the map de_aztec since it does that everytime i load that map.
I hope its not corrupt files or the likes because I would hate having to re-download everything.

Ive got WinXp Sp1
1.2Ghz
Nvdia GeForceFX 5600
Latest drivers as of Nov.5

this may be a last hope attempt but is there a way to start the game without going through the splash screens?... just incase ;)

My Half-Life: Source is only at 76% and I am getting the same problems so at the moment I'm sitting back and praying that I can connect to a content server that gives me more than 23kb/s. Otherwise it could be a loooong download.

i called valve

the nice lady on the other site puts me directly to gabe ( it seems that there was a party in the background )

i told him about my desktop crashes! and the answer of gabe was:

THEY ALL LOUGHING OUT LOUD IN THE BACKGROUND ABOUT MY CRASHES!!!

:flame:

Back