Lobardi: Half-Life 2 to be passed on to Vivendi "within days"

And the SDK will be released in 2 weeks too right? and pigs can fly aswell.

MaxiKana said:
But what if the digital clock is running the 24h system and is blinking 23:04?

edit -

This is getting a bit spammy.

Shuzer doesn't understand the 24h clockcycle, it's far too complicated for him, he's American!

Actually it's the am/pm system that makes me confuzzled

MaxiKana said:
But what if the digital clock is running the 24h system and is blinking 23:04?

edit -

This is getting a bit spammy.
Why would it be 23:04? Do you mean 00:00?

It would still be right once a day at least.

PvtRyan said:
Shuzer doesn't understand the 24h clockcycle, it's far too complicated for him, he's American!

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ****ING POTHEAD!

WHY DO YOU EVEN WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME? IT IS AMERICAN YOU DIP SHIT!

PvtRyan said:

24h is just as widely used in America as the AM/PM system.

I find AM/PM easier, since I've grown up on it.. but the 24h system is simple enough :)

Oh, and.. WHAT IF THE DIGITAL CLOCK'S MAINBOARD IS FRIED!? What if the batteries are dead? What if it's unplugged!? WHAT NOW!?

Shuzer said:
24h is just as widely used in America as the AM/PM system.

I find AM/PM easier, since I've grown up on it.. but the 24h system is simple enough :)

Oh, and.. WHAT IF THE DIGITAL CLOCK'S MAINBOARD IS FRIED!? What if the batteries are dead? What if it's unplugged!? WHAT NOW!?
What about OWLS?!

Sorry. Obscure Fast Show reference.

ValveBULGE said:

God, he was kidding. Why the flame?

Sweet. Now if we can get a nice little gold announcement from Valve, I will be happy. later half of 2004 and early 2005 is turning out to be one of the best times for PC gaming in its history.

CR0M said:
1 'Day' - passage of time based on rotation of Earth in accordance with cycle of sun
1 'Year' - timespan of 365 days, complete Earth orbit of sun
1 'Lombardi' - 4th dimensional timeframe prone to 'slippage' (ref. black holes, p.1034. see also Hawking Vacant Time theories, p.3553).

So HL2 will be out in something like 4 Lombardi's from now? :)

Mr Neutron said:
Er, how many days? 7? 30? 365?

It really comes down to whether Valve is willing to submit a RC before the CS:S beta starts or finishes. I'll bet they hope to be "bug free" before starting the beta, then they'll wait until after a week of testing to make sure no major Source problems are reported.

Half-life 2 will probably be all that is in the box, and CS Source will be a steam download. This way, they can get HL2 out, and still give CS Source with it for free.

Unless everyone wants to wait another year.

I'd say that is a very likely plan, however it doesn't exactly suit the 56k users

ValveBULGE said:

:LOL:

Looky here Peggy Sue, I think I got me a fish here that took me bait.

Err.... when the mainboard is fried, it's not broken... it's just ... well you know!

And if it doesn't have power anymore, it's not broken either!

Spugmaster said:
So HL2 will be out in something like 4 Lombardi's from now? :)

No. A Lombardi isn't constant. The longest time period one has been measured in so far is almost a year, but it can also measure hours at it's lowest scale. Multiple Lombardis together is bad grammar, that's kinda like saying '3 futures from now'.

Here's a graph.

Pablo said:
And the people without any internet connection :p
You raise an interesting point. Wasn't that poll saying 80% of thier customers had broadband done over the internet? How much of their sales is from people without an internet connection. We'll never know!!

RogueShadow said:
You raise an interesting point. Wasn't that poll saying 80% of thier customers had broadband done over the internet? How much of their sales is from people without an internet connection. We'll never know!!
I think there are few ppl left who have a PC and dont have Internet.

In Belgium 83% of the population has internet, of wich 70% or so is broadband

ValveBULGE said:
Yea let them delay! vivendi is in need of money, so let they delay and perish like a good old headcrab!

WAIT! VIVENDI IS FRENCH, RIGHT? DAMN! DO I HATE FRENCH!

Let me guess, you're American?

Sparta said:
I'd say that is a very likely plan, however it doesn't exactly suit the 56k users
The words were 'CS:S will ship with HL2', presumably meaning the two games will be in the same box.

For anyone who laughed at my previous name for Doug 'Pants on Fire' Lombardi, I now have a better one.

Doug 'Dumb, Good Liar' Lombardi.

Why, you ask? Rearange the letters in 'Dumb, Good Liar', and what do you get? That's right! Doug Lombardi. Great coincidence, huh?

PS. Don't take me too seriously, I never do. :angel:

jabberwock95 said:
For anyone who laughed at my previous name for Doug 'Pants on Fire' Lombardi, I now have a better one.

Doug 'Dumb, Good Liar' Lombardi.

Why, you ask? Rearange the letters in 'Dumb, Good Liar', and what do you get? That's right! Doug Lombardi. Great coincidence, huh?

PS. Don't take me too seriously, I never do. :angel:

u definitely have too much time on ur hands :LOL:

Dr. Freeman said:
u definitely have too much time on ur hands :LOL:

I usually never reveal my sources Dream Fern, but seeing as i'm being accused here....

Anagrams are much quicker here.

PS. Damn, one more E in your name and I could have called you Damn Reefer. Sorry, dream fern.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=31373&subsectionid=1589

Doug Lombardi:
"We are planning to deliver a release candidate to Vivendi later this month and we're hoping to see the product on store shelves this fall but we do not have a confirmed ship date at this time," he told us.

A "release candidate", in case you were wondering, is actually a pre-gold version of a game that developers pass on to publishers. At this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and is ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. It only goes "gold" after testing and approval from a publisher though - who can ask for a number of release candidates from a developer before approving a game.

Black-Falcon said:
owned........

Who's owned?

And yeah, before anyone posts saying that something along the lines of "OMG, LATER THIS MONTH THEY'RE LATE AGAIN?" Note the difference between the words "Late" and "Later". Someone before thought that "Later this summer" meant the end of summer. It doesn't.

"Later this month" could mean anything from tomorrow till the 31st of August.

Well according to Gabe HL2 goes "bugless" today.

If the latest email in the Valve info thread is to be believed, it's the 5th, and they still say that it will be bugless on the 5th.

That's pretty confident talk.

*crosses fingers*

That would be funny if Valve cancelled the HL2 Project and all after you people always talking shit like theyre a bunch of liars..

I dunno bout you guys but I think they give release dates so we all can have something to look forward to and probably makes time go by faster as opposed to not hearing any word on when it may be finished. IMO

C-O-N-Spiracy said:
That would be funny if Valve cancelled the HL2 Project and all after you people always talking shit like theyre a bunch of liars..

I dunno bout you guys but I think they give release dates so we all can have something to look forward to and probably makes time go by faster as opposed to not hearing any word on when it may be finished. IMO

This is the worst argument I have heard in a long time. DUde go and read up laud what you just wrote. Yea time reallllly go fast with their anaouncements! LOL

Crusader said:
Well according to Gabe HL2 goes "bugless" today.

If the latest email in the Valve info thread is to be believed, it's the 5th, and they still say that it will be bugless on the 5th.

That's pretty confident talk.

*crosses fingers*

Actually, they last said it will the bugless date on the 27th. The latest post is just quoting this post: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=602544&postcount=684

So it's just a bad Valve Info post where someone just asks a question instead of posting an e-mail he got from Valve.

Back