Locations we know about

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
Okay I have been thinking about this extremely hard, I have been trying to collate all the locations we know about:

City17-
TrainStation
Apartments
Town Square
Back Alleys and Streets
The Citadel (No Doubt)
Tunnels (Possible sewers)

Outskirts-
Prison (Model of Alcatraz apparently)
Undergroung Bunker/Base (Where you first meet Eli)
Town outside City17
Ravenholm graveyard
Possible abandoned mine with father grigory (guessing by the Massive water/gas tank where Grigory is shooting near, and the Chain Link Fence and a wind mill looking structure near by)
Coastline
Docks
Some sort of Rifinery at the coastline
Irrigation/Flood relief/Canals (where Gordons in that hovercraft)

Generic-
Talking to Gman
Flashbacks (Taking into account what valve said back in 2003)

Although I'm pretty sure there are more that I can't think, I think that it is possible to start speculating what valve has that isn't in the list.

As the first to speculate, I would think they would have a nuclear or fusion power plant in the game, not only would that look cool, but as the games title is Half Life, it would serve as a reminder of the meaning of the Title, plus you might have to deactivate the power or something.

What do you guys think?

Some of the screens showed a village like place with some factories in the background.

They mentioned a ship to start with didnt they... theres even a screenshot of it or two.

Also, the lighthouse. The docks. The sea-bed...

Erm.... I will think of more I am sure.. Ravenholm?

Were bound to see many locales on the train ride into the city.

Hey, This is my first post on the Halflife2.net forums. Wish me luck.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make that list. I can't think of any other locations at the time... I'll try, but I think that you got all the ones we've been shown. A nuclear plant would be very cool indeed. I would love to see some kind of radioactive zombies or glowing headcrabs.

Theres bound to be a lot of stuff to see on the way into the station. I pretty sure I will see a local jumping over a fence onto the tracks to get away from a patrol only to be shot down by a quard. Plus seeing a helicopter flying overhead

Petabyte said:
Hey, This is my first post on the Halflife2.net forums. Wish me luck.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make that list. I can't think of any other locations at the time... I'll try, but I think that you got all the ones we've been shown. A nuclear plant would be very cool indeed. I would love to see some kind of radioactive zombies or glowing headcrabs.
welcome! nice avatar!
some sort of nuclear waste dump would be cool. wee could see mutated aliens! Head crabs the size of a car!

i'll bet theres gonna be a McDonalds in there somewhere. Its a very successful restaurant, i mean city 17 is fairly large, r u telling me there isn't a single McDonalds in the whole city? thats horrible!

McFly said:
welcome! nice avatar!
some sort of nuclear waste dump would be cool. wee could see mutated aliens! Head crabs the size of a car!

Oh no, runaway, its a......Gonarch?!

JonTheCanuck said:
i'll bet theres gonna be a McDonalds in there somewhere. Its a very successful restaurant, i mean city 17 is fairly large, r u telling me there isn't a single McDonalds in the whole city? thats horrible!

Its a dictatorship, they probably won't let that kind of thing happen

welcome! nice avatar!

Thanks, McFly! Glad you like it, cause I made it in 2 mintutes with mspaint, on a laptop. When I get a chance, I'l merge them together into one person on my pc with photoshop.

anyway, getting back to the topic... I think it would be awesome to see a lot of radioactive sites, like in the original. Radioactive waste dumps would definatly capture the feel of the original game. Some kind of abandon nuke silo or factory with plenty of giant headcrabs and dangerous
explosives.
Hmm... If headcrabs would be the size of a car, imagine a mutant strider!

DEATH eVADER said:
Its a dictatorship, they probably won't let that kind of thing happen

City 17 is somewhere in Europe, we dont have any dictatorships anymore. And we eat fast food, just not very much american fast foods. McDonalds and the like kill your health! And it tastes ... like crap! No wonder you americans are fat!

;)

Ruben said:
City 17 is somewhere in Europe, we dont have any dictatorships anymore. And we eat fast food, just not very much american fast foods. McDonalds and the like kill your health! And it tastes ... like crap! No wonder you americans are fat!

;)

Your right. Mcdonalds is sick. It feels like you are eating processed crap. Very overrated (I'm American). Most smart Americans (in their right minds) hate it. Same goes for other fast foods, although taco bell is ok. I wan't to see a taco bell in City 17. Then gordon eats a chalupa.

McDonalds is crap in the purest sense of it. I stopped eating it a few years ago, it just started tasting so bad. The beef in their burgers doesn't even taste like real beef (I don't what the hell it tastes like, must be rat meat), and the buns that they use...oh man, that's a whole different story. It's like they are made of styrofoam. And this whole "I'm lovin' it" thing going on is SO LAME. Lovin what? Eating rat meat in a dogshit bun? McDonalds is spreading around the world like a plague, they pay their employees so little and they should be paying you to eat their food. Eating McDonalds should be the next stunt on fear factor.

/rant

Haha. that was good. Exactly my thoughts. "Badabababaa I'm lovin` it!" Those commercials make me want to puke... Almost as much as their processed rodent intestines.

So, anyway... I think on the train ride to City 17 you should just wake up there. It would be kind of boring to see all the scenery, even though it would look nice. Unless you wake up, see some cool stuff, then black out and wake up in City 17.

i dont understand mcdonalds, i hate it. But poeple still eat so much of it they get fat then sue the company. BTW, how many slogans has mcdonalds had? They have changed it atleast 5 times since i can remember. :LOL:

Yeah, something like 5. Its so funny, and pathetic at the same time. "Im lovin it" also when people sue the company for being fat. It is your choice to eat there. So stop looking for someone to blame for your weight. Kinda like that one person who sued over her coffee being to hot because she got burned. What the hell?

Petabyte said:
Haha. that was good. Exactly my thoughts. "Badabababaa I'm lovin` it!" Those commercials make me want to puke... Almost as much as their processed rodent intestines.

So, anyway... I think on the train ride to City 17 you should just wake up there. It would be kind of boring to see all the scenery, even though it would look nice. Unless you wake up, see some cool stuff, then black out and wake up in City 17.
looking at scenery is boring compared to sleep?
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........no!

Well, think about it. if it was like 15 minutes just looking not really exloring or playing, it would get a little annoying. It should be a little longer than the BMRF tram ride. But not too long, its just my opinion though.

McFly said:
Europeans dont eat fast food...
Where the hell did you hear something like that. Of course we do. Like spring, I went one or more times in a week, to one of those "eat and drink as much as you can" places. And other places too.

And yes, McDonalds sucks big, fat and hairy donkey balls. And Kentucky Fried Chicken rules, because we don't have any of those here in Finland.

And don't think that I'm some fat nerd.. :D

This is pretty offtopic. :p

Doom 3 had a pretty slow/long start/explore part in the beginning of the game. I think HL2 should have at least as long start as D3 had.

PenaE said:
Doom 3 had a pretty slow/long start/explore part in the beginning of the game. I think HL2 should have at least as long start as D3 had.

I darn well hope HL2 has more exploration and better pacing than that repetitive tripe.

Ashbery76 said:
I darn well hope HL2 has more exploration and better pacing than that repetitive tripe.
I know what you mean.. D3's exploration part sucked ass, but it was just about the length. But I hope HL2 still has longer and better exploration part.

yeah, the exploration is in the initial "get to know the environment" is mostly done before hell opens up. Then you have a little bit of time inbetween scripted events to explore your cramped surroundings with a flashlight. So the explorer part of D3 was not that good. But on the other hand, its not part of the game either. To get the ultimate scare factor you should be stressing through corridors. And the odd explore to find a hidden place. And the hidden rooms and such suck too because, what do you find? A healthpack and some ammo :( and you were looking around so much just to find that. Bummer. But on the whole d3 is a thrilling game.

I sure hope HL2 has some more exploring potential in the above described places. I think it will have. I think there will be some places where you have to lift stuff up, build something to jump up on to get access to some room, hidden place, easter eggs and such.

Ruben said:

;)

I was refering to the game, not politics of today

Back