London Avatar

oldagerocker

Reaction score
Why are they gone?
It's only been a week, the people that died (number still rising) haven't even had ****ing funerals yet.
:upstare:
You lot get bored of it after a week?...

oldagerocker said:
Why are they gone?
It's only been a week, the people that died (number still rising) haven't even had ****ing funerals yet.

What are you talking about? I dont think us Americans forgot about those attacks...

oldagerocker said:
Why are they gone?
It's not a case of getting bored of it. It needs to be taken down at some point and whichever admin took it down thought now would be as good time as any.

There's no objections to using the avatar and cutting it down to 50x50 or to have any other that you wish to use as a mark of respect.

Of course, the other thing is, the lack of an internet avatar is hardly going to show you don't care anymore. I certainly do. Every day I think about what those bastards did and my respects go out to the family and friends of the lost ones. Whether I use this avatar or not, it's still in my thoughts.

Most other marks of respect like poppies, red ribbons, pink ribbons etc. are generally only worn for a week anyway.

Because I uploaded it via the admin control panel and I haven't changed it yet.

EDIT: Changed.

i realize that at some point that avatar had to be taken down but honestly...i think it was a tad un-classy of whoever took that avatar down before the funerals for those innocent people.
seriously, if the admins of this site are that impatient, why bother having those avatars in the first place?
u know what? whatever...i don't care who or why they were taken down so soon...it just shows place has started losing quality and class it once had.

Whoa. Blown. Out. Of. All. Proportion.

EDIT: I see a few of you making a meal out of us taking the avatar down after a week, but I don't see any of you in any hurry to make your own...

fair enough, it did just seem really soon though. I just came back from london infact and its still in my thoughts. I've made my own london Av its just I havent uploaded it yet :)

At the end of the day you don't need anything at all to show your sympathy. As long as it's in your thoughts..

Chris_D said:
Whoa. Blown. Out. Of. All. Proportion.

EDIT: I see a few of you making a meal out of us taking the avatar down after a week, but I don't see any of you in any hurry to make your own...

hey look, someone on this site decided to make that one avatar...and i have no problems with that, infact it was a sign of respect but then someone else just gets rid of it even before funerals are held... :|

my point is...whoever deleted the avatar could have and should have at least waited until after the funerals.. it was just a tad taseless IMHO what was done.

what u know what? i don't run this site, im not a staff member either so i really don't care...i do know this place has lost some of its class compared to its early days tho.

i notice that Chris_D still has an avatar as a mark of respect and yet none of you will even save his to your computer and use it...

Instead ye keep moaning rather that a) using his or b) making your own.

Dr. Freeman said:
hey look, someone on this site decided to make that one avatar...and i have no problems with that, infact it was a sign of respect but then someone else just gets rid of it even before funerals are held... :|

my point is...whoever deleted the avatar could have and should have at least waited until after the funerals.. it was just a tad taseless IMHO what was done.

what u know what? i don't run this site, im not a staff member either so i really don't care...i do know this place has lost some of its class compared to its early days tho.
Dr. Freeman, I wasn't going to say this but frankly, you're talking rubbish.

Back