Look at my airplane!

You can make it remote controlled if you weld more canisters for different directions and then do the naming command thinging and binding keys to each of the different canisters.

Alot of info on that other site that doesn't link well to this one.

Like my remote controlled killing machine. :devil:

I've got the binds set up so you can drive it using cannisters. You can also get in it, but player-phyics are horrible so you get knocked around and thrown out through the side bars a lot.

Attachments

• buildingblocks_final0001 copy.jpg
    buildingblocks_final0001 copy.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 643
  • buildingblocks_final0017.jpg
    buildingblocks_final0017.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 557
  • buildingblocks_final0018 copy.jpg
    buildingblocks_final0018 copy.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 487
  • buildingblocks_final0019 copy.jpg
    buildingblocks_final0019 copy.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 488
  • buildingblocks_final0022 copy.jpg
    buildingblocks_final0022 copy.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 508
omg man thats so cool, bet it took a long while to make 2?

Yeah, it took about two hours. Mostly because I got disctracted and ended up killing lots of npc's during its creation heh.

oh man thats sweet.

there aren't aerodynamics in Source though, are there? that's just a propulsion thing?

you should put a cannister on the other wing to and bind then to key and see who well you can fly it!

man that's awesome!! :thumbs:

I think that the next Incredible Machine installment should definitely use Source.
...maybe an idea for a mod? ;)

With lots of patience, and careful lining up of weld points. Also, I used ball socket joints for the wheels and spinning brick killing thingy. I just used two drinks machines at either end of the vehicle, and welded wooden poles between them, before adding metal sheets for flooring and backing support, then I added cannisters.

If you want to have precise control over the cannisters, read the threads at the jbmod forum on another hl2 site that I can't name. You can get .cfg files that let you set off a cannister by just holding down a key, then it's deactivated when you release the key.

f0rked said:
Like my remote controlled killing machine. :devil:

I've got the binds set up so you can drive it using cannisters. You can also get in it, but player-phyics are horrible so you get knocked around and thrown out through the side bars a lot.

OMG, PLEAAAAASSE, please... for the love of god, make a movie of this!!!!!!

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q13JHULBA28Y22HO56PHYHKXA
There's a small, 3 meg movie for you all. :) As you can see, there are some problems using ball sockets for wheels, as they can sometimes move and get stuck underneath the vehicle.

Don't click the 'remove from servers' link...

I orignally planned to use my machine to tear down wooden walls, but the bricks do little/no damage to prop_physics'. For my next project, a cannister powered extending battering ram. :D

sweet awesome killing machine of love
(which im getting for christmas) :thumbs:

ooh :O
I did not know you could do that with the airplane! And the killingmachine was amazing!! :D
I have to try that one myself :bounce:

f0rked said:
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q13JHULBA28Y22HO56PHYHKXA
There's a small, 3 meg movie for you all. :) As you can see, there are some problems using ball sockets for wheels, as they can sometimes move and get stuck underneath the vehicle.

Don't click the 'remove from servers' link...

I orignally planned to use my machine to tear down wooden walls, but the bricks do little/no damage to prop_physics'. For my next project, a cannister powered extending battering ram. :D
thank you very much that movie was cool!
i wonder what cool things will be possible in jbmod 0.6?

Damn.. I'll upload it again. And thanks everyone who liked it :D

Thx, downloading now... I still want to know what the "Other HL2 site" is though.

go to hl 2 world it should be there or try pcgamemods.com there good 2

beautiful. do the wheels turn? seems like welding them would make them fixed...and what's your propulsion source?

How do i get wheels on that map? There are spwaning machine things for all kinds of stuff but no wheels (but there are some spawner things that dont seem to work so maybe they give you wheels?)

Back