'Look Inside' Prima Half-Life 2 Books

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Prima Games, the creator of the official Half-Life 2 guide books have released new ‘look inside’ previews of two upcoming titles. On show is the
Half-Life 2: Official
Game Guide
and Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, a behind the scenes look at the development of HL2.
[br]
[br]
'Look Inside'
Half-Life 2: Official Game Guide
[br]
'Look Inside' Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar
[br]
[br]
There are some minor spoilers about the plot and characters but the new art and images contained within are worth a look. They are in .pdf format so make sure you have Adobe Acrobat installed to view them.

There are actually some major spoilers if you read them. It tells you what happened to earth while you were sleeping...

Don't look at it if you don't want it to ruin your HL2 experience. Its a BIG spoiler.

Thanks for telling me about the spoilers. I'm keeping my eyes away from it then :) Spoiling the game 2 weeks before release is kind of sad.

I didn't look at it, though when I clicked it had some words that kinda ruined it. It even has characters never before seen. Which WILL spoil.

Neat, nothing new though, except that one character.
And a small map of the City 17: Main Plaza

But still: Neat

I read basically everything, makes me alot more interested than anything else.

So what is the verdict? Small, meaningless spoilers? Or spoilers that will ruin HL2?

Dude this is crazy,

we are realy going to have a happy time playing it.

Hehe, you can d-load it to your pc for 9 USD, no point of buying it, we shall have the "Scans" 2 days after is out.

Actually, they may not be spoilers. If you read Marc's quote next to the two script pages, it says the script is from early versions of HL2, meaning it has probably changed completely.

I would LOVE to see a slideshow involving a Garg turning over a tractor...in the full power of the source engine...

hool10300 said:
There are actually some major spoilers if you read them. It tells you what happened to earth while you were sleeping...

To read or not to read?

READ! damnit READ!

*i have such little self dicipline*

--------------------

EDIT: oh my sweet sweet god...

Earths military lasted 7 hours? we suck.... i wonder if these scenes will be like in HL where you got teleported to them but you could move around and stuff.

Only 2 weeks till we get the game, have a little will power will ya :p

hool10300 said:

I realized that before a few sentences so I stopped trying to decode what it was saying. :E

Er....I wanna see the spoiler (I know, no self-discipline either), but my eyes SUCK. The letter is waaay too small for me to read. Could anyone PM it to me?

I read em. It only tells you what you find out at the start of the game anyway.

After the black mesa disaster, Xen aliens began to leak out into the world. Seeking saftey, people began to crowd into the larger cities, where more military personel were.

Soon after, a large chunk of each city's center vanished, creating nothing but a large hole - which was soon filled by our friends the Combine, with a Citadel.

Where the hell do you see those spoilers ?

I don't see anything, my eyes must be spoiler free.

[Dragoon] said:
After the black mesa disaster, Xen aliens began to leak out into the world. Seeking saftey, people began to crowd into the larger cities, where more military personel were.

Soon after, a large chunk of each city's center vanished, creating nothing but a large hole - which was soon filled by our friends the Combine, with a Citadel.

OMFG that is awesome...but i don't get it....
:dozey:

Err...not to sound like a jerk...but could anyone post the entire "slideshow briefing" (spoilered, of course)?

wow I am beginig to be more hyped about HL2

too bad that will not run in my PC

Hehe, it says in bing " DOMINATE THE ONLINE PLAY"

Hl2 Mp will be great. prepare to be surprised.

Thanks....should be in spoiler tags tho....eh well thanks

after perusing a couple posts down (mostly ones saying "should I read?.... edit: "huge spoilers eesh") I won't even open up the damn web page or read the other comments.

thanks for the heads up, and thanks to those of you who gave me warning.

Very minor, but still something. Just something I picked up on from the 'look inside' of the guide.

You don't actually get to team up with any AI resistance members until Chapter 11 (late into the game)

Moderators? Have you gone mad?

There are MAJOR spoilers in there. I think I will be entering HL2 info deprivation mode, to avoid the repeat of this experience.

Stan R.

No, there isn't any *MAJOR* spoilers in there. It's basically what we've known all along, except put into more detail.

Good thing the page isn't working for me... I don't want to read/hear any information that would take away from my HL2 experience.

Dudes, they're barely spoilers - this is stuff you find out pretty much right away in the game. It's all backstory.

Which one comes with the Steam Gold pacakge? Sure hope it's the Raising the Bar, don't need a strategy guide.

tsigo said:
Which one comes with the Steam Gold pacakge? Sure hope it's the Raising the Bar, don't need a strategy guide.

You get the strategy guide.

flo_Orian said:
omg wtf there is nothing to spoil oO

You learn about a whole part of a level, what happens to Earth after Black Mesa, and what the Combine are.

Just a question, does the Raising the Bar book contain a strategy guide? I have the Raising the Bar book preordered. Just wondering if I should also preorder the Guide.

Cpt.Carnage

"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
-- Detritus learns about weapons safety
(Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Back