looking for a job in modding

I need a pizza, and some cola.

The campaign of this mod takes place during the Seven Hour War. You mostly command armies of Combine Synths and Advisors, but on some levels you will play as the Human Armies, and on special levels you get to play as a Gonarch commanding Headcrabs, or as Glowing Antlion Guardians commanding Antlion Colonies. In Co-Op mode, both players play as one army of the team. They share resources and work together against the enemy. In Multiplayer Local, 1 player with up to 3 ally bots against 4 enemy bots, play against each other. Teams to be chosen involve Combine, Americans/Germans/Japanese/Russian, headcrabs and antlions. Online multiplayer will be like local multiplayer, but with actual living opponents, open slots being replaced by bots.

nice plot good luck finding help!

nice plot good luck finding help!

That isn't a plot.

You mostly command armies of Combine Synths and Advisors, but on some levels you will play as the Human Armies, and on special levels you get to play as a Gonarch commanding Headcrabs, or as Glowing Antlion Guardians commanding Antlion Colonies.

In Co-Op mode, both players play as one army of the team. They share resources and work together against the enemy. In Multiplayer Local, 1 player with up to 3 ally bots against 4 enemy bots, play against each other. Teams to be chosen involve Combine, Americans/Germans/Japanese/Russian, headcrabs and antlions. Online multiplayer will be like local multiplayer, but with actual living opponents, open slots being replaced by bots. The armies are vast, the stories are vast, the combat is vast. Everything you can expect out of the seven hour war, and more.

WE ARE RECRUITING!!!!!! We need programmers, skinners, modelers, anyone who can help is welcome to an interview!

You don't have a programmer and you have all this in mind? You obviously don't know how modding works.

Well I'm sure there are plenty of things about modding which need to be learnt by going through the development process. When you started out, I'm sure you weren't as aware as you are now.

Let developers take their own journey, he came here asking for help not to be castigated for being potentially overly ambitious.

Good luck Corey, it's going to be a bumpy road ahead!

p.s. this is one of the mods you linked in that other thread a few days back didn't you Barnz? ;)

Yes, that's the one.

Well I'm sure there are plenty of things about modding which need to be learnt by going through the development process. When you started out, I'm sure you weren't as aware as you are now.

Let developers take their own journey, he came here asking for help not to be castigated for being potentially overly ambitious.

There are plenty of things that need to be learned by going through the development process, but actually doing research will save him years of his life is this is something he actually wants to pursue. It's not "potentially overly ambitious". It is impossibly ambitious.

Glenn, this is how all threads like this go, 'round here.

There is such a thing as being too nice. Yorick was being nice, but also realistic. You were conjuring up some sort of fantasy world and nudging him in the direction of failure and disappointment. Yorick is being a better person than you, here.

I dont get the OP. Thread title is looking for a job, but the post is about job openings. Also, whats up with the modeler positions? LOD Detail and a Cinematic modeler? One of those doesnt even make sense(Level of Detail Detail modeler? What?), and the other you wont need unless you're a professional studio with cinematic quality cutscenes.

Also, you bump mapped a 2d image.

I don't think you have any idea what you're doing. You need to research a lot more before you take a jump like this.

Wait a minute, I remember this mod. Bad Hat or someone made a thread about making fun of shitty mods on ModDB. This was one of them.

I'm just a lowly web programmer making forms and shlumpy interfaces all day, but I can recognize this being a tough ass project. I imagine you'd have to make virtually all of the controls from scratch or close to it. I don't know much about the HL programming (never bothered looking) but I can imagine it being a challenge I'd never overcome given my experience.

wow first off we know that this was going o be hard and the leader of the mod is scripting how light with work in fact he has done it all ready i have done 90% of sound's all ready we have 1 modeler who cant just work an hour a day so we need more ppl i had no idea how small this mod group was i.e 3 so yea we need a building modeler vehicle modeler and 1 more gun modeler and im just starting texture's so im no good for that yet \\\\ um i've seen this in the source engine basically this is RTS a over head view of a battle field with mid poly player's and group A.I and group A.I has been done in the source engine if you play HL2 then you know the map's are going to vary from size and were thinking of use the TF2 plan with effect's so it's not as hard on the engine low to mid poly stuff which is around 20,000 and the source engine can handle 71,000 now and ep2 run's around 31,000 poly alyx her self is around 30,000 so i think if to have the the little ppl on the ground about 2,000-10,000 poly it's not ambitious it is when you only have 3 ppl so plz be nice on here no bashing k thank's

Good luck Corey, it's going to be a bumpy road ahead!

p.s. this is one of the mods you linked in that other thread a few days back didn't you Barnz? ;)

thank you it's not often ppl are nice

wow first off we know that this was going o be hard and the leader of the mod is scripting how light with work in fact he has done it all ready i have done 90% of sound's all ready we have 1 modeler who cant just work an hour a day so we need more ppl i had no idea how small this mod group was i.e 3 so yea we need a building modeler vehicle modeler and 1 more gun modeler and im just starting texture's so im no good for that yet \\\\ um i've seen this in the source engine basically this is RTS a over head view of a battle field with mid poly player's and group A.I and group A.I has been done in the source engine if you play HL2 then you know the map's are going to vary from size and were thinking of use the TF2 plan with effect's so it's not as hard on the engine low to mid poly stuff which is around 20,000 and the source engine can handle 71,000 now and ep2 run's around 31,000 poly alyx her self is around 30,000 so i think if to have the the little ppl on the ground about 2,000-10,000 poly it's not ambitious it is when you only have 3 ppl so plz be nice on here no bashing k thank's
My God. Punctuation, dear Sir.

What? You've never had a 232 word sentence before?

MorganFreeman911, you only move the decimal two places to the right to convert to percentages, not three.

You poor disillusioned child.

Everybody starts somewhere, Yorick.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU--

There were three whole paragraphs I was writing in a post that I lost by accident when I failed to view your profile in a new window with Chrome. I'm not going to re-write it now, but the gist of it was
1: This is a colossal undertaking in general. Think of Starcraft and how intricate their balance is between their three races, and you have four. Also as a side note I think the separate human nationalities are superfluous and gives you a tedious requirement for voice acting.
2: I'm guessing you're not a developer because of the way you gloss over the details in the area of how much code you're going to need to write. I also was saying some things I'm not going to repeat about my impression based on your grammar. However, you don't list your country so perhaps English isn't your first language in which case I'm already a jackass on this subject.
3: Half-Life isn't an RTS engine out of the box. You'll have to write an all-new AI in order to both command units and program bot players to command units. To say the least, your job posting should include a dedicated developer just for the AI.
4: You're making this game from the top down, instead of the ground up. You really should be making the engine first, as this is the greater challenge and I'm guessing you'll discover the true magnitude of this project for yourself much faster.
5: Vast: "You keep using that word ... I do not think it means, what you think it means."

Back