Looking for a mod

Jason

Reaction score
Heya,

I am just a mapper/modeler/skiner but i am looking for a good team.. that are making a future or present aged mod.. I am hoping to find one with a strong team and wont join the mod enless u have a coder. If u are intrested in me then leave a message. thanks

Can you work from concept art/reference pictures too?

Bad noobie, bad noobie! Finish your map before you join a team, you'll get a lot of better offers.

ERm a noobie? No im new to maping u muppet i have been coding / modeling / skinning for aroudn 7 years now

Then you haven't advertised yourself very well in your first post. If you want to work on a Mod that'll push and reward you in equal measure you'll want to do a better job at describing what you can offer a Mod and, more importantly, what you want from a Mod.

For instance, even if you don't neccessarily want to code for a Mod, you should show you have an intimate knowledge of it, as it demonstrates your overall experience of working in different fields of Modding. If I had a choice between 'noobie mapper who I know nothing about apart from that he has a good initiative and learns quickly' and 'noobie mapper with all of the above AND 7 years modelling and skinning and coding experience (plus possibly even previous experience working on a Mod team)'

<breathes>

I know which I'd choose.

:p lol.. well im to lazy to be like BLAH BLAH BLAH i worked on hl one and quake 2 when they first came out .. done some work on halflife 2 have 7 year's mod experience.. been in about 3 mod's and been modeling for around 7 year's. I just latly started to map for halflife 2. but i am improveing on that very fast.. i can model and skin as well.. i have noledge in the hl 1 sdk but not the hl2 sdk yet.. coding wise.. i know how to animate as well... I also know how to get wepons/player models/prop's etc ingame and working fine.. so blah blah blah :p! see now im all like. meh :x lazy!

Bad spelling. Admitted lazyness. Very unprofessional attitude. Absolutely no examples of work save a few map shots that don't display any level of talent because they're square and boring.

Plus claiming 7 years mod experience and leaving it that vague implies that it was more of a "LOL HAY GUYS LETS MAKE A GAME!1`1`1010101" than actual work.

You scored points by making me laugh for calling Crispy a muppet, but I still wouldn't want to work with you.

Hi there Jason, our mod team, Angelo Productions, are looking for a mapper/modeller, etc. Our mod is Virabear: Source, which *will be* a hyper realistic first person shooter, with modern and future weapons and technologies mixed in together, along with settings and characters from the science fiction story Virabear, by myself and Techno. The game will also include a dynamic, smart cover system, aptly named "Slide-For-Life" or SFL for short. We have a huge amount of the general concept already worked out, and have a decent collection of completed concept art viewable on our teams website (with more on the forums yet to be updated to the site) www.halflifeonline.dkmhosting.com. More details are available there and on our website forums. Email myself at: [email protected] if youre interested in applying for the position, along with some of your previous work, or PM me on the forums! If youre experience is sufficient enough, you will be welcomed into the team. Cheers

Angelus, Team Leader, Virabear: Source

Yorick summed up what I would have said about the attitude and the ambiguity. I agree with what he said apart from the maps, which I've already admitted to rating very highly for a beginner mapper.

My previous post to this says everything else I could hope to suggest.

Its not so much my attitude towards working in a mod team.. i just dont find it relivant that i got to advertise my self. when if people need help and i can do what they require.. then thats sorted tbh :p cripy u are a perfectionist :p u need to carm down abit.. the point of making a mod is to have fun while's u are doing it.. u got a to.. uptight look of how it all should be done. u need to go smoke a joint or two and relax

It is only relevant to put the effort in if you're looking to stand out in a sea of would-be modders. When they're not discussing with their team members, promoting their Mod, responding to questions, planning their development schedule and having a life outside of modding, good Mod Leaders don't have a hell of a lot of time to wait around for people to say what they mean. So it's better to get it right the first time if you want to join a mod with a good leader (i.e. that's going places)

Oh, and I save that sort of thing for the very few occasions when I have the work done ;)

Well, of course mod teams will be interested in someone who can clearly get work done. Just make it clear that that is how you work :) And yes, it is important to have fun in the process, otherwise, why do it in the first place? :p

possible to be see some models/skinning you have done ?

basically if you're too lazy to post some portfolio pics then by that logic you're much too lazy to actually make any models

He's already posted work in the other thread.

well we are looking for a new mapper, and are willing to take on a mapper who's starting out, since we already have 2 pro mappers. You just need to know the basics really, and also knowing how to use the displacement tools is a huge plus.

We are however an anime mod, which isn't to every modders taste, but if you like anime, check us out, up to you. you show potential in mapping at the very least and could be useful to us. We can always use your skills in other areas as well should u wish to do so.

http://www.dragonballsource.com
clicky if you wanna check us out, don't if you... erm don't.

Back