looking for smooth movement!!!

J

jdpak2

Hey guys, my name's jimmy and im new to the board... Im not too familiar with the whole, "Which motherboard and vid card is the best", but I have a soyo mother board with a 3ghz pentium 4 processor. The thing is that it reads as 1.5ghz... i was wondering if i can overclock it. Also I have a 120gig hd plus a ATI radeon 9550 256mb oh and a 512 ddr ram stick... Now i play half life 2, but I CANNOT make it run smoothly... even when i turn all the AA and AF off and even put the resolution to 800x600 it still skips frames and doesnt run smooth at all, even with the crappy graphics and all. It seems that even when i put the resolution to 1152/864 with AA and AF on it lags as if it is at 800/600 with no image enhancements. now what im trying to do is have some decent graphics plus run HL2 at at LEAST 1152/864 without the skipping. Anyone know what may be wrong and how to fix it? or is my set up just whack?!?! any help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance. :afro:

Well the fact that your 3.0ghz Pentium 4 is reading at half the speed it should, if it really is running at 1.5ghz that's gonna be the whole reason right there. But my friend had that same processor and I think in cpu-z it read as 1.5ghz x2 or something like that but it really was at 3.0ghz. 9550 isn't a great card but should be able to run 800x600 i would think, unless you have all the details up really high or something.

Back