Looking for Specific Positions

mrmonkah

Reaction score
Hey There,

Me and my 'co-writer' are looking for, firstly a small group of individuals with detailed knowledge in the areas below. At the minute were hoping to get the project rolling as we have what we think is a great concept for an adventure/mystery type game roughed out.

Coder(s): I guess the critical member(s) we're looking for at the moment, to work closely with 'entity user'. Must have a good knowledge of the Source SDK.

Advanced Entity knowledge/user: Must have excellent knowlegde of entity usage and the in/out put system on Hammer.

Concept Artist: Creative concept artist needed to draw and flesh out environments prior to mapping.

Web Designer: Needed to create a suitable website for the project.

Please contact me or Steve and we can hopefully give you a llittle more information.

Dan

[email protected]

or Steve

[email protected]

Okay peeps,

The concept starts a little like this:
You play a misc member of the public for filling his particular duty on the night. Your called out to collect 'somebody' from a remote location in Keisgag, the northern most tip of Scotland.
Upon arrival perhaps as you expected, the area is decollate. As you consider your options, out of nowhere, a potato sack material bag is slipped over your head.

Darkness.

You awake in a strange bed, near the floor but comfy none the less. You notice your only possessions appear to be your trousers and t-shirt. Wallet, watch, shoes and socks. All apparently gone.

Looking around you see it is dark, besides a small plug light at the opposite end of the triangular room. Against the near wall a dark impression of a door and window are defined by steel shutters. Further investigation reveals 2 doors are by the dim light.

The door running down the building leads to a corridor where 2 other doors are present at either side. To the right, the bathroom…. The other door in here must be the second door that runs into the bedroom. The door on the left, a spare room. Pretty bare bar a desk and misc furniture.

Down the stairs, more steel impressions of windows and doors. What is this place?

The 'place' seems pleasantly enough furnished. 1 large couch is situated by a huge gas effect open fire. (Even the noise sounds right.) In the middle of the room a TV stands oddly out of place, directly in front of which there is a single armchair. Below the TV lays a dated VHS player, it has nothing to play. There seems to be no power coming to the unit.

Dotted around the lower parts of the walls, upstairs also, are what look like grills or vents. Perhaps that’s why the air tastes so dry. Air conditioning?
When you enter the middle of the room, the sound of steel on steel pierces the air. Starting with the ‘front’ door, the shutters slowly twist open. Around by the stairs and finally over the glass porch, each window exposed with the twisting of the metal. Silence. Eerily quiet.

First impulse, see what’s out side! The impression of a beautiful surrounding is fakely plastered onto what is obviously a concrete wall. All directions, the same impression of a green hilled vista. You head for the door, it is locked. The porch door? Locked. Perhaps a window is open? Don’t think so. Feelings of concern suddenly become apparent. Find a tool to smash the window perhaps? A stool will do. No luck, must be Plexiglas, and steel frames from the looks of it. Besides, no shoes to be going outside with.

Time to look around, open closed doors so to speak.................

Gameplay wise, you interact with the scenery, (The house) along the way, your surroundings become ever more apparent and mysterious.

Again if your interested, send me an email and i can tell you Much, much more. If your seriously interested i also have lots of map work and concepting completed to show. The story is also written in such a way to allow for pretty creative input and expansion on all members parts!

email:[email protected]

Back