Looking to purchase components - heres the rundown

shortsite

Reaction score
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor - ?138.23 inc VAT

Coolermaster eXtreme Power 650W PSU - ATX 12V V2.01 120mm Fan 20+4pin
- ?78.73 inc VAT

Asus P5K-E WiFi Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
-?129.24 inc VAT

Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C5 TwinX (2x1GB)
-?70.49 inc VAT

Asus GeForce 8800 GTS HTDP 320MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
-?211.49 inc VAT

Antec Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan - No PSU
-?64.59 inc VAT

Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM
- ?66.97 inc VAT

And that is that if anyone can give advise on wetehr i should change this line feel free, just need something that be fine for at least a year or so etc

If ye can help me out that would be great

cheers man had a quick look and yep they are round about the same price as the duo , will chnage its only about 20 quid dearer might as well

once again cheers

I'd say go for the 640Mb GTS. The extra memory will be much better.

Thankyou guys just needed clarification.
Will check out the better gcard later on when am decided.

Also good news that the quads have dropped in price, but just wanted to know would it be a good idea to get an amd 64 x2 6000 my mate has one in work and his 3dmarks are over 10,000 theyr only 110 quid compared to the price of the quad discussed earlier

I will have to wait and see but thoughts please if ye can on the amd processor

much apreciated once again

No, if you want a CPU right now go for Intel Q6600 or at least for one of the new 1333 FSB Intel. Right now AMD are in trouble, unless their new processor due out hopefully later this year blow Intel away they could be in very deep trouble.

Your builds very close to mine. It should be very nice when it's built.

No, if you want a CPU right now go for Intel Q6600 or at least for one of the new 1333 FSB Intel. Right now AMD are in trouble, unless their new processor due out hopefully later this year blow Intel away they could be in very deep trouble.

Your builds very close to mine. It should be very nice when it's built.
From what I heard already, the new prototype has been tested. They said it sucks up tons of power, runs hot, and is'nt as fast as the Intel. Also they will be more pricier compared to the Intel. Don't go to newegg for the CPU though! Newegg decided that with the surge of people buying the CPU they bumped up the price to $375. So go to another site to buy it.

Back