Lord of the Rings: Return of the King demo up on Fileplanet

It's by EA! It's made by the devil himself! Don't play it or it will consume you!

actually, EA arent that bad at making games....take simcity, thats awesome, and C&C generals! And the two towers was a great game...

Thanks for the info!

Uh..mods, could you please delete the other thread in this forum...seeing as it's the exact same with the exception of responses.

You're welcome DarkelP! Glad to help you out. :p

Nah, seriosly though, EA makes some good games, but usually they're pieces of shit. :)

C&C Generals was funny, my brother played it and after a few hours it was over. He was like "was that it?". And yes, it was.

But the main point is that they're not bad at making games, but the company itself repulses me. No, I'm not a linux nerd and all anti-commercial and stuff. Hell no. I'm just saying that EA sucks ass. Big time.

On topic, I don't play any games that are based on movies, because, well, usually they suck. This game could be an exception, but I'm such a stubborn tosser I won't even try the game. :p

Downloaded, Clicked on Autorun.exe, it told me to insert cd 1,

what.the.hell

lol i beat it..kinda hard in part. i rated "excellent"

oh autorun didnt work for me wither i had to run setup.exe

duh...lol...n00bish tools. setup.exe......

PS...the demo sucks ass. Two Towers was a much much better game

EA makes good games, but after they make a good franchise the re-produce it once a year with a different title and some new levels because they're money whores

Originally posted by MrWhite
EA makes good games, but after they make a good franchise the re-produce it once a year with a different title and some new levels because they're money whores

The next upcoming expansion for Medal of Honor is probably a good example.....

And I'll put in a :borg: just for the hell of it..

Originally posted by MrWhite

Exactly.

DOUN WIF TEH ILEKTRONICK RATS!

Its a small one, got to try it out... So far I havent found any LOTR games good.

Originally posted by Jagermeister
RotK would be really awesome if it wasn't fixed camera.
Actually I kind of like it. Its not your standard 3rd or 1st person. But its not quite thought through... The underlying dark border is pointless. And it moves to slow when you start moving out of view, it also zooms to slow. It also should shift position when you move far away (on that courtyard, maybe 3 fixed positions that it can smoothly move between).

I do like the grand warfare feel of it. The amount of enemies is huge... Though I havent gotten past those cave trolls yet so I dont know exactly how large amounts there are. But before that... Its really cool to see a dozen emerge from the mist (the gate) and face them head on. Its to fast though. A tiny percent to fast for me. Controls arent very good either, to many to keep track on (I havent even bothered with parry yet, or the other attacks, I only used the mousebuttons).

Graphics seem to vary... The enemies look good, so does the level, but the friendlies and the civilians... Not so good (civilians just look incredibly stupid). Animations are quite good, but lack variation.

For that level, I'd give it a 3/5 just for the feel, once one get over the annoying controls. The bad thing is of course that they forgot its on a PC. Menus are just BAD, although with a tiny mousesupport. Dont know how the game is though... Hell, dont even know if the demo has more levels, need to play some more, but I aint got the time now :)

Edit: And yes its very unrealistic, but its a game.

Eh what the hell I'll give it a whirl. Was Two Towers ever released on PC? That wasn't half bad :)

Back