Low Profile Video Cards

Tyrsenus

Reaction score
I have a Dell Optiplex SX270 (which i now regret buying). Because of its small chasis, it requires a small video card. Right now its got Intel Extreme Graphics 2 :LOL:

I don't know much about video cards, but i know that the SX270 has both an AGP and a PCI slot.

I've read on the Dell forums that Power Color sells some small cards, but I don't know which ones will fit. I don't want to buy one and have it not fit.

Links:
www.power-color.com
Dell Optiplex SX270

Anybody in the same boat as me? Any help would be appreciated.

Your computer has a 150 Watt Power Supply. That can be an issue if you are not careful

Like you have said, size is an issue as well. I can't answer your question.

I would recommend emailing Dell (*shudder*) and see what they suggest. Otherwise it will be purely guessing. Anyways, none of those cards you listed at even remotely decent performers.

are you talking about a micro atx case? please be a bit more specific, because most cards should fit.

bryanf445 said:
are you talking about a micro atx case? please be a bit more specific, because most cards should fit.

No, its better than that. It is a Dell proprietary USF (Ultra Small Form Factor).

Anyways, none of those cards you listed at even remotely decent performers.
Well, if they all suck, which one sucks the least?

Its kind of hard to suggest a card when no review site has any benchmarks doing a direct comparision of them. If I were to choose, I would choose the 9600 se.

I expect the 9600se will have better performance than other cards in future games because it it based on the normal 9600 core. However, since it has a crippled memory bandwith, it will always be held back.

Thanks for the help... now all I have to do is talk to 10 different Dell reps to find out which cards fit...

Back