M E T A L G E A R S O U R C E

E

empyrean_night

Hi there, I'm Adam, the co-leader and Head Designer of the Half-life 2 modification Metal Gear Source: Asperity of Sentience. We are located at http://mgsource.50webs.com/ and have a MODDB profile at http://mods.moddb.com/7589/metal-gear-source-asperity-of-sentience/ .

We are currently looking for talented individuals who would like to join a new modification. We're searching for Coders(especially), Modellers, Texture Artists, Mappers, Animators, Sound Technitions and everything inbewtween. However, if you would like to support this mod, but would prefer to keep your skills at a mercenary level please help as much or as little as you please, we'll certainly consider anyone's offer and refer back to them. Communal efforts are welcome! We'd truely prefer to get people onto our actual development team, but all help is greatly appreciated. So please lend us your great skills!

Also, if you feel you could be a worthy candidate for voice acting, please contact us right away! We are in search for people to portray such famous characters as Solid Snake, Gray Fox, Naomi hunter, and even Johnny Sesaki!

Please contact me at [email protected] or one of my IM handels ([email protected] for MSN, Serzggh for AIM, and necronlover for yahoo). You can also contact the director of the mod at [email protected] . I'll be checking this thread regurally, so please feel free to respond here as well!
~Adam(Head Designer)
M E T A L G E A R S O U R C E

1. Disable capslock when typing the title of your mod
2. Wrong forum
3. Copyrights

W O W T H I S R E A L L Y L O O K S A M A Z I N G I W O U L D L I K E T O H A V E T H I S M O D B U T I W O U L D L I K E T O P O I N T O U T T H A T T H E R E I S A T H I N G C A L L E D C O P Y W R I T E A N D Y O U A L S O P O S T E D T H I S T H R E A D I N T H E W R O N G S E C T I O N

Before doing anything, I seriously suggest emailing konami about permission for this. I don't know about their attitude towards things like this, but it's better to find out you can't now than after putting in work, and if it's fine with them then great, and look forward to seeing this.

I have a hard time believing this mod will get anywhere near completion to warrant a letter to Konami.

i don't think i posted in that thread

just read it and chuckled

after the 10000th post, you stop caring as much about postcount

They probably mean well but how does anything progress if mod makers keep trying to reheat other peoples IP. What about new ideas, new concepts of play, excellent level design etc. Hmm :(

They probably mean well but how does anything progress if mod makers keep trying to reheat other peoples IP. What about new ideas, new concepts of play, excellent level design etc. Hmm :(

There's a fine line in that it's easier to get people interested in a MGS mod than to get them interested in something you made up, and also because it's easy to get carried away and say "My mod will have two SP campaigns and three types of MP gameplay". 20 hours of gameplay, minimum!

You dont have to think that large. Think about
PORTAL - Simple concept Gun to travel from A to B and back.
MINERVA - Single level excellent designed.

It's someone elses property and how many MGS have there been, lots.

i tend to agree with prob, too many people remake stuff

I dont mean to moan but how long has hl2 been out. Mods have been thin on the ground and there seems a lot of remakes in the pipe line.

Mods take exponentially longer to make than back in the days of Quake/HL modding.

Back