M249 Saw

WoW! i think he may have finaly relized that his weapon is FAR to hi polly!

RObErT_RaTh said:
This concerns me. They are gonna seriously struggle to run HL2 on it's own.

No. The source engine is a scalable engine. They'd struggle to run it with everyhting on and up....but they won't run it like that.

Which is sad, I personally don't see the point in playing games at 640x480 at 10fps.

RObErT_RaTh said:
Which is sad, I personally don't see the point in playing games at 640x480 at 10fps.

No. They might be playing at 640x480 without the dx9 effects and aa and af and stuff, but they'll be running at a decent speed.

not everyone cares about effects and what resolution they run at.

I definately care about shaders working in HL2 for me,, it's quite a step in engine advancement.

I think probably the best option with that gun is to keep sexing it up to about 30000 polies,, be meticulous with every detail,, then trace a low poly model to bake information into

you cant get much extra detail onto guns using normal maps. almost all the things thatll make it accurate are handles, holes and whatnot, which basically need geometry to look good.

First of all I think rbert rath did a great job, the model was done in milkshape, which by the way isn't the elite modeling program. Its a wonder how he even got all that detail in there....must have taken hours. All i got to say is not bad.

Oh, I don't think anyone here disagree's that it's a really nice model, and even more so for being made in milkshape. We're jsut giving him crap for the PC. :p

xC4RN4G3x, your a champ in my books :D

SidewinderX143, as you should

Back