m4 w/ gun pile

operative x

Reaction score
Yes, yes, i know the m4 is high poly at about 5,000 BUT its going to be used to create a normal map onto a MUCH lower poly version.
103783m4pic1.JPG

103783pic11.JPG

Nice! thats one of the best looking m4's i've seen! You should texture it too.

m4 looks nice, though the lighting isn't great.

and you have the scale wrong on the pistols... the m4 isn't that large of a gun.

the gun isn't 100% acurate but its not like it matters, Its nicly done but still very hard to see whats going on with the geometry. I would sujest adding advanced lighting instead of an omini with advanced shadow maps.

It's very nice though and looks well done. Post a wire so i can comment some more please :D

no, the scale I was talking about was the scaleof the handguns.... they looks accuare, but they're alot larger compared to an m4 than you have them

yeahaa, the sight areas wayyy too wide. also, surely if its 'high poly' and going to be used as a normal map, it would be more than 5,000 polies ?

yeah dude, i mean maybe FIFTY thousand polies :D now thatd make a pretty sweet normal map, its not really exploiting the power of normals. great model anyway :)

Yeah i know i will make it even higher but the reason it was only 5k was becuase its was initially supposed to be an ingame weapon but during the time i was making it i decide to make it into a weapon to be used for normal maping so i bump it to 5k.

yeah well, as an (technical term warning :p) 'in the middle' model, you can add more polies to it, for the normal map one, and take away unwanted polies for the low poly one.

Back