Made a small HalfLife2 Multiplayer Mod

Yes please explain, i am very interested ?

how does this mp work, gametypes, maps,what models are used, guns???

Please elaborate, id love to play some mp.

It's HL2 MP. It's extreemly buggy, and no characters have textures on them.

Dont bother with it yet.

WhiteZero said:
It's HL2 MP. It's extreemly buggy, and no characters have textures on them.

Dont bother with it yet.

actually, i want to play it, how do you find servers? thanks.

Someone has to start a server first. Then, when you have the IP, type in the console "connect" and then the servers IP address.

WhiteZero said:
Someone has to start a server first. Then, when you have the IP, type in the console "connect" and then the servers IP address.

could we play please? do you know how to start a server? i want to play map 2

:angel:

I think he's saying he mad a simple menu to access a map list, and modify basic multiplayer options. It can all be done in the console, but using this menu makes things a little easier.

Bio, would you be willing to show us how you created the menu? does it involve alot of coding? or is it scripting and graphics?

I'm Curious :)

you can start a server and connect to one over the hl2 menu :)

its not realy buggy the model dont have a texture going to fix this fast ;)

you can use all weapons the mapper placed in his map :)
greets

If your going to use the multiplayer maps that I made without asking me, you could at least use the revised version with correct info_player_deathmatch spawnpoints

you can find it on hl2world (hl2mp2b.bsp)

BTW gj, one step towards a fully functional deathmatch mod

read the readme override .. he says he has the maps from *************

lemme guess... u copied the resource files from the leaked hl2?.... output is the same :x

Oh my apologies, I jumped the gun based on a PM somebody sent me

Anyway it's no biggy, I just whipped those up to test functionality, I wish they'd hurry up with the SDK so we could get some real maps and fully functional deathmatch :)

i have played it last night it works fine its not really buggy its better then the other way ppl say u can play hl2 dm

one if the maps u can kill each other with the gravity gun by throwing the objects thats in the maps

i made a server but no one could connect i am gonna try again when i get home from school.

also the other map has guns but u cant kill each other.

iam going to fix the models and make a mp menu ...
and ehm try to fix the models
until sunday... cant say if i get the models working without the sdk perhaps there is something already in hl2 ;) who knows..

greets

badpigeon said:
I think he's saying he mad a simple menu to access a map list, and modify basic multiplayer options. It can all be done in the console, but using this menu makes things a little easier.

Bio, would you be willing to show us how you created the menu? does it involve alot of coding? or is it scripting and graphics?

I'm Curious :)

Hey, hey, hey i am the real (Bio) he is (bi0) got it? good :D

Erm - how are we supposed to find games? only way to find is know the ip and just do console, connect XXX.XXX....... ?

hi bio ;) great nick
ehm someone is working on a dm map for me.
Iam looking for someone who can fix the models... have added some features to the menu (models select etc. but not so good without models ;))

greets

Back