Magazine Ratings...

Mujuro

Reaction score
Does anyone agree that these magazines try and find the most diminutive detail to make sure a game rating doesn't receive a perfect 100%? Seriously, all PC Gamer's 'lows' were "Squadmates sometimes get in your way; low-res textures in huge outdoor scenes" and it received a 98%. I know it's not bad at all, but come on! How detailed can you get? AI in games will never be perfect, textures can only be so good or you will lose performance, especially in huge outdoor areas, but still they complain as if they have tons of indolence. I understand it's their job to rate on what they think is bad, but for once, they should quit being so fastidious! Oh well, I guess that's just my attempt to augment Half-Life 2 even more. Half-Life 2 is sublime, and always will be. It will be game developers idle for years to come. Hope you guys see this pellucidy and have somewhat of an idea of what I am talking about.

Its like judging the olympics. No one will every get a perfect score as that implies that no game could ever be better then this one. It would be the perfect game. Thats not possible. At some time in the future there will be a better game then hallife 2 (halflife 3?). That 2% halflife missed is basically saying to competitors "youve got 2% and only 2% that you can use to beat halflife assuming you do everything as good as them."

You make a good point Hellpion, however, it's as it if it's soley their job to find something so it isn't perfect. As you stated, a perfect game isn't possible, but a perfect opinion is possible.

Oxygenetic said:
AI in games will never be perfect, textures can only be so good.

Exactly, and the same can be said about anything. Nothing can ever reach perfection, simply because there will always be room for improvement.

Back