Magnets suck

J

Jamesindahouse

ok.

Iam trying a no damage run, i have made it passed the manhacks & ravenholm only to get injured by a bloody magnet.

Does anyone have any tips for getting into the car, being swung around and then dropped by the crappy magnet & NOT TAKE DAMAGE?

Thanks

James

Some guy did this a while back. After doing several methods such as trying to cushioning the fall, he found out it wasn't possible. So he went by-foot all the way. He stuck to the water so ant-lions couldn't get him. Can't remember how he got over the bridge, I think did a barrel stack or something to that effect.

Edit - Here is thread.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61668&highlight=damage+buggy+bridge

Yea I remember the first time I did that part. I couldn't figure how to flip the buggy over on its wheels..................then the antlions kept coming.

Do you get something special if you complete a zero damage run?

Anti-Citizen-One said:
Do you get something special if you complete a zero damage run?

Yeah, you get a bandana and stealth camo. Make sure you collect the dog-tags too. Check the Half-Life 2 prima guide for more info.

No.

Harryz said:
Yeah, you get a bandana and stealth camo. Make sure you collect the dog-tags too. Check the Half-Life 2 prima guide for more info.

No.

Sarcasm: Just one more service Harryz offers ;) .

It's too bad Valve didn't use a real magnet in the game. Instead of if a metal object comes in contact with it, it just is "welded" on there.

Jamesindahouse said:
ok.

Iam trying a no damage run, i have made it passed the manhacks & ravenholm only to get injured by a bloody magnet.

Does anyone have any tips for getting into the car, being swung around and then dropped by the crappy magnet & NOT TAKE DAMAGE?

Thanks

James

I'm surprised you can't just push it off the pier yourself.

If you want zero damage, it looks like you've got a long walk ahead of you. :)

Making a run for it is faster anyway, imho D: I mean, jumping continuously makes you go roughly 1.5x's faster then the car...

yep making a run for it worked now this is how iam moving - not very fast.

anyone got any faster ideas? - running drains the suit & jumping isn't quite fast enough

Attachments

• d2_coast_03000022.JPG
    d2_coast_03000022.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 387
you could just ask teh uber G-man to warp time for you while you run forever...

If you get to a full sprint, then start bunny-hopping like there's some crazy sonofabitch with a mini-gun running after you, you'll get there faster than the buggy. Just make sure you have the shotgun out, and blast any antlions that jump out in front of you.

Guaranteed to work, or your money back! :thumbs:

EDIT: I remember on my first no-damage run-through, I saved just before I got dropped. Several reloads later, I stopped taking damage from the fall.

Have you considered getting out of the buggy just before they pick it up and then climbing down the ladder?

Harryz said:
Can't remember how he got over the bridge, I think did a barrel stack or something to that effect.

I do remember. It was very interesting to me because I couldnt see how it was possible. Anyway it IS possible, (and very easy) to just walk up a slope to the left of the pier, you can see it when ur on the pier. Its blocked with some big rocks so that you cant drive up it easily with the buggy (I did it by pushing it up with the grav gun.) :D

The_Wookie said:
Have you considered getting out of the buggy just before they pick it up and then climbing down the ladder?

You cant.. Well unless ur gonna use a bug of some sort.

Harryz said:
Why don't you use the water to your advantage?

Becaues you still have to go up the beach in some places due to the water wormy things that eat you if you go to deep water around some rocky cliffs.

Lahire 149 said:
you could just ask teh uber G-man to warp time for you while you run forever...

How do you do that?

Samon said:
I like magents.

I agree - they do have their place later on...

but really their should be a ramp to jump the buggy off instead of the broken magnet.

If 67% of statistics are made up, how do you know?

Jamesindahouse said:
I agree - they do have their place later on...

but really their should be a ramp to jump the buggy off instead of the broken magnet.

I just like magnets in general. I also don't think that there should be a ramp...I mean wheres the fun in driving off a ramp. :p

You could just do a run across the whole area. Did that myself once, you're OK so long as you dodge to avoid them leaping at you.

OK, to the smart people - how can i jump this?

(d2_coast_040007a)

And a little tip for people who like long range shots - use your hand gun to save machine gun bullets (admitidly may use more amo, but what else you going to use it for??)

(d2_coast_040006)

Attachments

• d2_coast_040007a.JPG
    d2_coast_040007a.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 255
  • d2_coast_040006.jpg
    d2_coast_040006.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 278
Samon said:
I just like magnets in general. I also don't think that there should be a ramp...I mean wheres the fun in driving off a ramp. :p

You misunderstood my ramp idea = not a gental downward one, a large upward jump!

Jamesindahouse said:

(d2_coast_040007a)

You can't. Looks like you'll have to climb from the bottom up.

It is possible, I've seen it done. :thumbs:

Jamesindahouse said:

(d2_coast_040007a)
get a running head start, then noclip your way across.

Jamesindahouse said:
You misunderstood my ramp idea = not a gental downward one, a large upward jump!

Could have been good. But it wasn't to be :p

so, it turns out i just reloaded at the beach where i get the car and...

(was planning to quote but can't find it)

... saved right on the drop and didn't take damage - got buggy now & am happy.

just incase you care, just after the crane where YOU lift the buggy, if you don't fancy getting attacked by the gunship, there is a side route which you can drive down onto the beach, fire your remaining rockets at it & go back to the base you just left to re load and finish the git off.

I guess there is no way not to get damaged in that crane falling part.

Back