Maintaining a level of decency in this forum

Mr-Fusion

Tank
Reaction score
So hello community.

What do you want from this community? I see another one of my excellent threads has been locked. It provided laughter and good feelings for all involved.

Does the moderation team want a more respectable and decent aura around these parts? Has there been a change in target market? To the 11-13 year old bracket like the steampowered forums?

Help me understand the moderation point of view. It seems to have shifted in recent months to a more censorship based attitude.

There is no conspiracy. These are my own words.

From reading the thread title: Dear God don't encourage the moderators to be harder on us.

Since it's slightly relevant, I just want to say that I found Taxman's answer in that "excellent" topic to be hilarious.

On topic, however. I've seen much raunchier subjects of talk stay on this board without being modded. Why? Because they wern't idiotic.

It may have seemed pointless to the untrained eye. We might have had in-depth discussions on female physiology and the perceived morality issues associated with shivering...

We could have ventured deep into the human psyche...

Could!

I like to think that for most things, I'm a pretty easy-going mod.. but no matter what I do, someone always complains.

At least I didn't mess with this stuff. ay

I was hoping this thread was going to bemoan the amount of 'Do girls get turned on hugging other girls?' threads in these forums.

Mais, non.

can there really be a pointless and or rediculous thread in the general off-topic forum? I mean, as long as there is some means of "substance" and not just "hello", or random keyboard smashing, can you really say a thread is pointless, when placed in the pointless forum?

The forum index reads as follows, and I quote:

General Off-Topic Chat (77 Viewing)
The place to discuss absolutely anything.

Are we to assume that this means infact not absolutely anything at all? I'm confused. :upstare:

Basically, threads are free to exist for discussion, and also free to exist for moderation.

Freedom goes in all directions.

Basically, threads are free to exist for discussion, and also free to exist for moderation.

Freedom goes in all directions.

that's the stupidest thing i've heared for a while. threads do not 'exist' FOR moderation, moderators exist FOR threads.

and freedom does not apply to both as one is there to make sure there is a certain absence of freedom.

don't get me wrong, it's necessary and i think the mods here are great, but it doesn't change the fact that your post is a load of crap. :p

Mods get a shiver down their spine from touching the cold metal of locks.

So hello community.

What do you want from this community? I see another one of my excellent threads has been locked. It provided laughter and good feelings for all involved.
Well, it made me laugh. Perhaps not in the way you'd like, but still.

agreed, it was perverted and moronic. at first i thought you were joking, but then i realised you actually wondered if girls clung together enjoying the feeling of each others breasts. despite what your internet browsing habits might have you beleive, most girls like guys.

On topic:

Why were all the goatse posts deleted and the posters banned?

agreed, it was perverted and moronic. at first i thought you were joking, but then i realised you actually wondered if girls clung together enjoying the feeling of each others breasts. despite what your internet browsing habits might have you beleive, most girls like guys.

And I'm sure you could belt out some twenty-odd anecdotes substantiating this, am i rite?

that's the stupidest thing i've heared for a while. threads do not 'exist' FOR moderation, moderators exist FOR threads.

and freedom does not apply to both as one is there to make sure there is a certain absence of freedom.

don't get me wrong, it's necessary and i think the mods here are great, but it doesn't change the fact that your post is a load of crap. :p

Lies and heresy!

*hopes he has the freedom to set rambler on fire* :D

Tha Rulez said:
The owners of Halflife2.net reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

You signed the contract! Muhahaha!

>_>

Back