Maj lost his mod powers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Maj, quit shitstiring. I came on and I've seen the logs of what happened earlier and you are in NO position to say anything about us after the way you were acting.

Im just saying the same old thing ive been talling you guys every time you asked me. We cant intergrate the site when its done, too much work.

You admit to having a backup host, why dont you tell the users WHY you really had one. I'm sure they'd love to know your plans to steal users while using hl2.net before running off to another site.

I already said why. I think the ship we call hl2.net is sinking. Also, like i said before... its not public knowing (I dont want to risk anything). I dont know where you came up with that idea, but if we would get a place on hl2.net we would stay, no point in running away then.

So quit acting like a baby, you and force pretty much admitted what you were upto and got caught out. YOU both left though, you weren't fired, Munro and the others have for months and months given you chance after chance to intergrate, you remained unreasonable and denied ever knowing hl2.net wanted it intergrated in the beginning, until you finally admitted you DID know months and months ago.

We arent as horrible as you make us sound, like i said, we would stay on this site if we could, no point in switching when you got a good place to stay and visitors. When i first began writing the stuff i wanted to be on this site, i didnt write anything about it being a part of hl2.net. The site has been done for months, we just waited for limelight to do some things to the server. The version you tried out (both on fetlina.se and hl2.net) where almost complete versions.

You have your site, we have ours, stop trying to turn users away or act like your the victim, you left.

Yeah, i left, but i dont understand why youre trying to make me sound like a thief. Im telling my side of the story, and those who read it can choose what they want to believe or not.

Edit: Im going to bed now so dont except a reply from me in a few hours.

Majestic XII said:
Im just saying the same old thing ive been talling you guys every time you asked me. We cant intergrate the site when its done, too much work.

I already said why. I think the ship we call hl2.net is sinking. Also, like i said before... its not public knowing (I dont want to risk anything). I dont know where you came up with that idea, but if we would get a place on hl2.net we would stay, no point in running away then.

We arent as horrible as you make us sound, like i said, we would stay on this site if we could, no point in switching when you got a good place to stay and visitors. When i first began writing the stuff i wanted to be on this site, i didnt write anything about it being a part of hl2.net. The site has been done for months, we just waited for limelight to do some things to the server. The version you tried out (both on fetlina.se and hl2.net) where almost complete versions.

Yeah, i left, but i dont understand why youre trying to make me sound like a thief. Im telling my side of the story, and those who read it can choose what they want to believe or not.

Edit: Im going to bed now so dont except a reply from me in a few hours.
I'm not making you sound like a thief, but I'm not letting you get away with being the victim when your not.

I managed to avoid the whole situation today, so also avoided being worked up and angry about it, i read the logs with a clear head and the above is the distinct impression I got.

OK maybe you should talk in PMs now, your starting to scar my innocent head ;(

IMO HL2.net is sinking, and by the looks of it, everyone else thinks so too. Ive allready heard of some other people leaving, and it seems we're having a definately "bumpy" time which is shaking some of our more respected members off the road. Even though most of the reasons people are leaving are clearly personal or accidantal, these in turn are leading to a depressed feeling, and i am starting to fear wherther we will ever see HL2 released as a full communtity.

there are loads of mod problems as well as member problems, and i feel that there is nothing anyone can do to help this, except valve by releasing HL2...

Suicide42 said:

IMO HL2.net is sinking, and by the looks of it, everyone else thinks so too. Ive allready heard of some other people leaving, and it seems we're having a definately "bumpy" time which is shaking some of our more respected members off the road. Even though most of the reasons people are leaving are clearly personal or accidantal, these in turn are leading to a depressed feeling, and i am starting to fear wherther we will ever see HL2 released as a full communtity.

What do you expect? HL2 has been delayed nearly a year now. Then you throw in the typically large community problems and you have this situation right now.

As long as we can keep the 40+ active forum regulars, I think hl2.net will be fine. :)

Suicide42 said:

there are loads of mod problems as well as member problems, and i feel that there is nothing anyone can do to help this, except valve by releasing HL2...
Well thats happening everywhere, each day Valve delays another person gets annoyed and quits, or realises there's a real life out there. Gabe's behavior over the whole stolen source code incidence caused the split between us and hl2world, when you add all this together its obvious things wont be smooth.

Suicide42 said:

People leave sites all the time really, but because hl2.net is one of the bigger sites, it just seem like more people are leaving. Also, since we are big, we attract a lot of people and larger communities tend to not be able to scare off "annoying" people. Small tight nit communities are hard to beak into unless you are nice, but with something like this site there are lots of groups.

As for problems with mods, well to someone not in the know (And quite frankly, I am not up to speed on everything either so I wont really comment)it will likely look worse than it is, especially when all you hear are rumours and half truths mixed with bias. A lot of problems are just personal issues that arise between people in any situation, and since this site does have a quite a few mods, all from different backgrounds, its difficult to keep tihngs in tune all the time. Again, just like any situation.

Edit: + What Fenric said :)

HatRabit wonders why this hasnt been locked yet

HatRabit shrugs and walks off

Yes, this is quite an unpleasant situation with the delaying and the increasing member count with all the other common forum problems. I hope most of the other regular members will stay here and do their best to keep the standards as high as possible, I really care for this community and it'd be very sad to see it go titanic, so to speak.

Don't worry...You still have me and Badger :) We are original and aren't going anywhere.

HatRabit said:
HatRabit wonders why this hasnt been locked yet

HatRabit shrugs and walks off

/me wonders if the /me command is back?

hmmm, obviously not...

anyway, i suppose with such a big site, the chips and cracks cant affect it much. Its like when you see a murder on the news- there are millions of people in the country, but when one of them dies mystiriously it causes a huge commotion. like farrow said, the rumours and whispers are just making the whole situation seem out of hand, when in fact we still have one of the largest HL2 communities out there.

the chips and cracks will heal in time... then HL2 will be released, and the sheer exitement and talking and shouting will probally grind the entire internet to a halt, which will lead to a dark age, and then all our PCs will blow up. So a grim future, then.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Don't worry...You still have me and Badger :) We are original and aren't going anywhere.
T'is strange...You just repeated what I've been saying on msn the entire evening ;) :E

CrazyHarij said:
Yes, this is quite an unpleasant situation with the delaying and the increasing member count with all the other common forum problems. I hope most of the other regular members will stay here and do their best to keep the standards as high as possible, I really care for this community and it'd be very sad to see it go titanic, so to speak.

bah, this site isnt anywhere near dead, theres still dozens of posts a day and lots of people on at any time. Sure people leave, but that doesnt mean the site is dying.

Varg|Hund said:
T'is strange...You just repeated what I've been saying on msn the entire evening ;) :E

I'm not sure whether thats good or bad

I suppose it depends on the context of the conversation you were having.

Farrowlesparrow said:
I'm not sure whether thats good or bad

I suppose it depends on the context of the conversation you were having.
Believe me, you should take it as a compliment :E :cheers:

Varg|Hund said:
Believe me, you should take it as a compliment :E :cheers:

Oh..Good...I was getting paranoid thinking you were saying things like

"Damn that Sparrow, the handsome devil that he is. Hes been here since near the begining and he just wont leave!"

Anyway, thank you :D

HatRabit said:
bah, this site isnt anywhere near dead, theres still dozens of posts a day and lots of people on at any time. Sure people leave, but that doesnt mean the site is dying.

Not dying in that sort of way. If all the great people I love on the forums leave, what reason is there for me to stay?

Anyhow, its very good to hear some strong souls are going to (*throws a knife*) stick around. :)

In my opinion I dont think we are sinking we're simply in a state of stagnation. I've been a moderator on a couple of forums now over the past 3 years and it always happens, people lose interest or move.

Especially when it's a gaming forum and the sole purpose is to discuss a game .. especially one that isn't out yet .. there is simply so many inhereant problems with that. A prime example for me of that are the ns forums which I used to go to before release .. and now I cant stand them.

As for people leaving .. well again it's hard to sustain interest for so long especially with new people joinging .. the family atmosphere as it were disipates and becomes more crowded .. but thats simply a result of success. But we do have stuff planned which should shake things up abit.

Back to the point at hand Majestic has his opinions and thats fine, everybody is entitled to them even if we disagree. it is only human nature after all :) Could both sides have handled this better? As with all things in life the answer is yes but no matter. Dev has an alternative host which sounds like it will be better for them, I think in the long run they would have went elsehwere as Majestic's user comment alludes to and somebody else said "we dont conisder ourselves part of hl2.net" .....but heck wouldnt you try and piggy back on a hugely popular site if you could ?

At any rate it's done now dev will have their own site with a better hosting arrangement than we could give them and we get total freedom to concentrate on our own mod section without fear of stepping on anyones toe's and / or needlessly duplicating features and what not.

I'd hope he stays and posts as it really wasn't a personal thing it was simply what we thought was in the best long term interest of the site and as I said earlier you cant have "rival" staff in your staff forums and what not.

I'm gonna close this thread for now as it seems to have served it's purpose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back