Major Differences

Maelstrom116

Reaction score
What, exactly are the major differences of Counter Strike: Source, because so far it seems that Counter Strike: Source is pulling a Condition Zero and only reskinning everything instead of actually changing things. But if I'm wrong don't let me stop you from answering I have questions and I need answers :D

Better graphics (Source Engine Shader Based Quality). 'Nuff said. Period.

It was never meant to be different it was just an experiment to see if they could port a game to source and CS:S was the result. It is direct port wih beefed up graphics.

Maelstrom116 said:
What, exactly are the major differences of Counter Strike: Source, because so far it seems that Counter Strike: Source is pulling a Condition Zero and only reskinning everything instead of actually changing things. But if I'm wrong don't let me stop you from answering I have questions and I need answers :D

They're not "pulling a CZ" by making it part of HL2 and not charging full price for it :).

The graphics are so much better...theres reallly no comparison

And they added a couple of barrels. But unfortunatly they made them useless.

That was the point of CS:S To port them over to the new Source Engine.

CS:S was made to be a port over to the Source engine.
It was not made to add any new big elements in the gameplay.
It was not made to add a buch of weapons chaning the gameplay.
It was made to be overall the same game. They ported it, improved the graphics. Redid the maps. There ya go! Cs:S was to be NOTHING MORE.

I'm quite angry at Valve for messing up the physics in CS:S completely...

I'm disappointed they made a simple port of it... it doesn't do Source justice...

What do you mean messed up the phsyics, I sort of like them. New, different but I can get used to anything if I enjoy it.

Back