"Major" Mods' Statuses...

Mist Modification is currently under what Insurgency calls "Stage 2". We have many things in-game and we're still experimenting with what else we can do to take our mod to it's prime :).

We aren't going to rush our first In-game screenshots since we know that's usually how people judge modifications.

We're expecting an internal alpha sometime in February. If all goes well, we're HOPING for a 0.1 release in late march/early april.

[email protected] <--- Email me if you have any questions or anything of that sort, I'm a people's man :)

The Dark Elf said:
I fail completely to see how its harsh lol no i really do. Please, enlighten me :)

Because the way you put it, you're saying that none of the enthusiastic mod teams that are giving out some media and working full-scale already won't be able to make a mod that will be one of the greatest, for years to come.

Good to see so many mods have gotten so far(as long as there won't be any major issues down the road that VALVe will have to be involved in fixing for a long time, or something like that).

The Dead 6 is probably sitting around stage 2.5 as well.

but isn't that transition from 2.0 to 3.0 really dependant on the features of that mod :p

Stage 1 (Pre-Dev. Planning) -- This is what every mod was at before the SDK was released. Basically working on the design documentation, models, skins, etc. No code or maps have been compiled.
Actually before the SDK was released Citadel Utopia only existed on paper. CU came to me one night over the Christmas holidays and I have always been realistic about its creation. I gave it a lot of thought before beginning it and put a lot of emphasis on keeping people informed of our true progress. The Design Doc. didn't come until after the SDK release.

Stage 2 (Pre-Alpha Learning) -- Probably at the very least, a major mod should be at this point in time. This is where the developers are just exploring through the capabilities of the engine, etc. Compile models and maps as placeholders for a pre-existing Source game (i.e. CS: Source, HL2DM, HL2, etc.).
I don't quite know how you distinguish major Mods apart, but when they were created has a lot to do with how far along this process they are. It also depends largely on the team and how much time each member can dedicate to it.

It would be hasty for me to say that we (Citadel Utopia) are in stage 2 because this stage makes the assumption that development had begun before the SDK release. We are currently working on the storyline and dialogue, the website and community support, following which the first concept art will be leaked to games sites and on our forums. This stage may take some time due to the nature of how important a story is to an SP Mod, in this case doubly so for an RPG Mod.

I've been working a long time on the team, and believe we have quite a talented group of individuals ready to start working on Citadel Utopia. Anyone who is interested can see regular updates on our ModDB listing and the Forums which will soon be up and linked from a temp site.

kathunx said:
We're expecting an internal alpha sometime in February. If all goes well, we're HOPING for a 0.1 release in late march/early april.

By a 0.1 release, I hope you don't mean public, lol. That would mean only 1-2 months of internal testing. You can't possibly have something finalized within that amount of time (unless you plan to release something unpolished).

kathunx said:
Mist Modification is currently under what Insurgency calls "Stage 2". We have many things in-game and we're still experimenting with what else we can do to take our mod to it's prime :).

We aren't going to rush our first In-game screenshots since we know that's usually how people judge modifications.

[email protected] <--- Email me if you have any questions or anything of that sort, I'm a people's man :)

yeah mist mod is coming along really well, the team is one of the nicest ive ever seen. working as a modeler on this mod is really fun. because its a kick ass idea and two evey1 is supportive.wich is really good.the progress were making is remarkable.

why are people bringing back all these "whats your mod, and how much done is it" threads? just curious.

Not many mods have been released yet, for good reason of course. Guess some people just want something to do :)

yeah, i guess so. course, they could join a mod, like me. btw, i love that music on your website

Deleter said:
why are people bringing back all these "whats your mod, and how much done is it" threads? just curious.

What do you mean? This thread was created 1/28/2005.

Back