Make a politics forum?

Do you think we need a seperate forum for political threads?

• Yes

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

hasan

Reaction score
ok, alot of ppl are sick of politics apparently, and I think I heard many of them (or well, I heard at least one) suggesting we should have a seperate forum for political threads.

so, what do you think? I hope if alot of people agree on this, in one thread, the admins will pay attention to it and open a politicl forum?

I think we should, it is posted about more than movies and music.

Get rid of the movies one and make a politics one. That would be the best bet so we dont have yet another individual forum, just replace one for another.

i vote yes. killing one of the less-used "other" forums would be fine (if it's necessary).

A politics forum would be the least used one. If you're tired of reading them, don't read the thread, don't post in them.

I suspect there are so many political threads right now because of the election. Wait about a week or two after it and we will see if the rate of new political threads stays the same.

SidewinderX said:
A politics forum would be the least used one. If you're tired of reading them, don't read the thread, don't post in them.
I dont mind either of those choices, but I really feel bad for the people who dont like them. I just find it so interesting and Im sure many others feel the same.

If StarMonkey was willing maybe we could allow for an option to add a "political" tag to any political threads, then have some sort of user option that prevents political threads from being displayed?

who knows, maybe if there is a political forum, more political threads will be made.

Then more people would actually make off topic posts, which this forum is about.

And more people would play a forum game.

Icarus said:
Um, I suggested this quite a while back
to be honest, I think it was in your blog that I heard the suggestion, or well 'read' it.
me said:
I think I heard many of them (or well, I heard at least one) suggesting we should have a seperate forum for political threads

yes, we should have a political forum ..maybe call it an opinion forum instead of a politics forum; cut down on the political trolling

It would be a good way to clean out the General Off-Topic forum. At least for now.

By the way, I thought this was funny. :p
Link

Icarus said:
Um, I suggested this quite a while back
All Hail Icarus! (even though the sun pwned you lolz!)

I think it is a good idea. The Mullinator's idea is better, but I don't think the StarMonkey would have time to do that :(

Dude I suggested this a looooooong time ago too. Like when munro was asking for ideas for new forums.

I'm down with the idea though, lol sad part is, as soon as the new forum is made for it the elecetions will be over and the political discussion will die.

I have asked several times for this, always denied.

I posted on this in another thread so I'll just paste it here:

As other's have suggested a political forum would be nice. However, I doubt it would be used much after the election. I think a better thing would be to have a forum for controversial topics. For example you have the off topic forum and then you have an opinion and debates forum where you can talk about politics, gay marriage, adoption, stem cell research, nuclear weapons, etc. I think that would work better.

Neutrino said:
I posted on this in another thread so I'll just paste it here:

As other's have suggested a political forum would be nice. However, I doubt it would be used much after the election. I think a better thing would be to have a forum for controversial topics. For example you have the off topic forum and then you have an opinion and debates forum where you can talk about politics, gay marriage, adoption, stem cell research, nuclear weapons, etc. I think that would work better.

Win :sniper: :sniper:

The Mullinator said:
I suspect there are so many political threads right now because of the election. Wait about a week or two after it and we will see if the rate of new political threads stays the same.

i agree.
sure we seem to have one political thread per month.. on a normal basis (meaning disregarding the US elections at the momment) and i dunno.. i think it would become similar to the "Film & TV/DVD" section..

Well then make it and then get rid of it when its popularity goes down. Simple enough, eh?

ShadowFox said:
Well then make it and then get rid of it when its popularity goes down. Simple enough, eh?

Yep. pretty simple

PLEASE do. I'm sick and tired of seeing crappy political threads in OT. It seems so hostile, worst of all, it's the majority posting their hate for the minority here (let's face it, HL2.net has far more democrats than republicans).

SidewinderX said:
You could say the same about every other subject. In fact, let's just have one single forum where everyone posts. Don't like it? Nobody is forcing you to read them! ¬_¬

Back