Making models start seated.

archvilell

Reaction score
How do I do this? I would think that it is possible. I guess a cheater way to do it would be to make a script that on playerstart the model sits. Is this the only way to do it or is there another way?

Hmm. I looked at the Metropolice model, and there isn't a seated position for them. Looks like I'll have to make one. any thoughts on how to do that? What programs to use?

archvilell said:
I guess a cheater way to do it would be to make a script that on playerstart the model sits.

I don't think you quite understand game-making... if a 'cheat' works perfectly and has no nasty side effects, it ceases to be a cheat. :)

Lol. Good call. I hadn't thought of that. I'm not going to worry about that part yet. I'm still in the process of putting crap in rooms and such. Little more time consuming than I had thought, but oh well. Going the extra mile will make it look better in the end.

Still, it would be nice to know how to get started on fixing that so once I get there, I'll be off to a good start.

Hmm. Well I'm done putting stuff in. Now I'm going to work on lighting, then after that it's animations. Any ideas yet on how to create a sitting Metrocop?

If the model doesn't have the animations, you'll have to decompile the model, port the animation of citizen sitting, and recompile it. But the sit-down one seems like a common one - it might just have it.

Mapping's never been my strongest subject, though. Probably something to do with scripted_sequence.

-Angry Lawyer

I thought for sure there would be a sit-down model of a metrocop (eating donuts or something) but I loked through it three times. Unless I missed it (which could be, as there are a lot of animations to search through) I don't think there is one.

As for them starting seated, I think I can make stuff happen right when the game starts to trigger a scripted sequence for them to sit down.

Thanks for the help, AL.

No problem - you've earnt my respect by doing a mod by yourself, so you get as much advice from me as you can ask for/I can provide.

-Angry Lawyer

Okay, time to revive this dead thread. Hey I'm a poet and didn't know it. I can make a rhyme anytime. :LOL:

Anyway, I finally got my combine HEV to work, now it's time to make a normal metrocop start seated. I've pretty much decided that I want to continue the Adrian Shephard line, and since he is only a Corporal, nobody has to salute him. That means that all I want people to do is sit. I would like to have them in a loop so that they type and move their heads to different directions. I have created the sit down animation as an smd file. Would I need to take the sit down animation, make it a base, then move their hands and head and call the new animation "typing"?

Once that is done, how would I edit the ew animations so the qc file recognizes them? I have attached what the animation qc file currently says.

Back