Making of Left 4 Dead Video Presentation

Looks really good and interesting. I haven't looked into this game as much before and wasn't aware how great the Director idea is.

The thing that slightly bothers me are the animations. They seem... detached from the rest of the world in some way and unnatural. It hasn't bothered me before in other Valve games, but we've got the end of 2008 now and they don't fit the "movie" experience, when you see people running what seems in every direction at the same speed (I know it's not the same speed, but fast enough to make it unnatural).

If you can run Ep2, you can run L4D :)

I doubt it. Ep2 runs better than CS:S for me, especially when there's a lot going on in CS:S. So hordes of zombies will probably bring the framerate down significantly.

Life would be alot easier if I could pause those videos

Click on the movie to pause it.

Is there at least a small chance this could suck big time?

Unless Valve have been doping everyone up on mescaline before they play test the game then no, I don't think it will. A lot of people who have tried this game have said it's amazing and that you don't get the experience from just watching the videos, you need to play it.

Or Valve could just be doping them up on "omg i got to playtest this game that everyone wants before anyone else now i'm going to make myself feel superior by rubbing it in their faces and telling them how freaking awesome it is even though it isn't really that good and I didn't really play enough to get a good enough impression".

anyway, that would explain the whole thing where people don't tell you why it's so awesome, but rather just tell you that you have to play it... :hmph:

Not that I'm against the game or anything, I think it'll be fun. I'm just familiar with how the hype machine works...

Or Valve could just be doping them up on "omg i got to playtest this game that everyone wants before anyone else now i'm going to make myself feel superior by rubbing it in their faces and telling them how freaking awesome it is even though it isn't really that good and I didn't really play enough to get a good enough impression".

anyway, that would explain the whole thing where people don't tell you why it's so awesome, but rather just tell you that you have to play it... :hmph:

Not that I'm against the game or anything, I think it'll be fun. I'm just familiar with how the hype machine works...

That's true with most other games but we have yet to be disappointed by something Valve has created (or at least I haven't) and I don't feel they are going to start now so I find myself able to believe the hype. Anyway, they have explained this game in detail (for example, going on about the AI Director) so many times so it's wrong to say people are just telling us to play it.

Left 4 Dead may not be the most incredible thing you've ever beheld. But at this point I think we can safely say it will atleast be good.

Back