male player model

A

Alcrifice

first steps. still much to do.

t_wip.jpg

whoops no direct linking sry. yea u have to copy paste this to your browser until i get a proper host.

http://www.freewebs.com/alcrifice/t_wip.jpg

free server hosting blows. sry about that peeps.

Attachments

• t_wip.jpg
    t_wip.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 403
I have to say... no critcisms! Very good model, it looks natural. Any chance for a wireframe version?

nice prep on the body, the face is well done. Looks sweet tbh. The hand look a bit weird but thats because of the angle. Well modelled tbh.

i actually had a lot more planned to do with this one, but im going to leave as is just because im going to use him to practice skinning. and i want to start with the not so complicated stuff. here is a bit more updated shot with wires. ill leave wip when i get the skin going.

2096 triangles

Attachments

• man.jpg
    man.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 330
where i would give more detail:
head
hand
waist
botom of shirt/top of trouses
perhaps more detail in the head

very good, but you have to remembe that this is HL2 ... it shouldnt looks too blocky, but very good start i must say :)

Impressive. It has a great sense of form and has smooth and flowing edges. No crits here except perhaps modeling some of the more important ear details.

thx im going to try and keep this one low poly though ;] im not looking a hl2 standards.

head and top are ok but legs..
much toooooooo fat. Work on it

Model looks great, but as !-fgdf-! said the legs realy look to fat.

only just notice form Jubei's post the legs r a tad too long i think, and yes a bit podgy, but very nice model. u could just Meshsmooth it and it wud still b under the polycount.

*Edit* i was hoping to learn how to model like that, but i cant seem to find a good starter tutorial. hmm maybe u cud help me out, just a few pointers, how to make the basic arm shape, leg shape and face...plz:cheese:

hmm maybe your right. but i dont want to risk the idea of the legs being skinny ingame. id rather have the baggy/loose fitted style than tight.

random.hero - i learned most of my stuff from books like paul steed's character modelling book is very indepth. all i can tell you is just keep practicing.

Night of the Living Dead springs to mind. Good proportions, though.

V.good, would like a brighter render for crit purpose tho, What you can see now looks really good.

the legs seem a bit long but then thats just me anyways its very well done so stop updating it and copy the model and detail it to a very highpoly model to use for nomral mapping.

im in the process of skinning him. im not going to normal map this one ;]

yea i definitly blow at skinning. im getting there...
the crease near the adams apple is just an issue with the symmetry modifier. itll be fixed once i weld him for keeps.

hmm this is probably the best skin ive ever done. i thought it was crap at first but i like it more and more. tell me what u think at this point...

nice half-life 1 skin, and very ncie if you're not really a skinner, but I think the hair at lease should be alpha maps or soemthing. This is half-life 2.

true true. but everyone has gotta start from ground zero at one point. how am i going to skin with additional maps if i cant skin in the first place? ;] i know what your saying though perhaps ill go the extra yard on my next model.. and yea ill model the eyes too

Back