Man kills friend over toilet paper

Is it just me or his he the only one with a crazy random voice that shouts out when you select his character? It's like 'click, click, click, MMMMISTER CROW! Argh!'

Sulkdodds said:
Is it just me or his he the only one with a crazy random voice that shouts out when you select his character? It's like 'click, click, click, MMMMISTER CROW! Argh!'
In UT2003, all characters had announcements, but they were culled in UT2004 when they didn't record any for the new characters in the game. For whatever reason, Mr Crow's announcement was left in. I vaguely remember someone suggesting that it was to do with an Unreal fan of some repute (probably Negative, as in a total spammer) obsessed with the character, and the dev team who're quite in touch with the community, left it in as a kind of in joke. That, and it's one of the more colourful announcements in the game, even if it's deeply annoying.

dont answer if you dont want to, I'm making too much of this anyways, they made their choices, they live with the consequences ..still find it appalling people laugh at the misfortunes of others ..especially if a death is involved[/QUOTE]

....That's shaddenfreud isn't it?- there's a word for bloody everything....

Damn - the above was supposed to be a quote from CptStern a few post back - sorry 'bout that...

Donut4000 said:
....That's shaddenfreud isn't it?- there's a word for bloody everything....

I had to look it up but yes it's called Schadenfreude:

scha·den·freu·de:

1. Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others

Why shouldn't we be desensitized to death? Everybody dies. Millions of people are dying all around the world. Even if you take it really seriously and cry about it, everyone still dies. Who cares, have a laugh.

If it was someone that I knew, sure I'd care because that's a personal loss that affects my life. But some random guy doesn't matter at all to me.

Dan, so it's okay for me to laugh at you if any close relatives(I.e. girlfriend, parents and such) are murdered or dies in accident?
Sure everybody dies, but however, being murdered ain't the same thing as simply DYING, if you DIE a natural death, then sure, who cares?
But with murder, I think it's another thing..
Do you laugh at WTC? I mean comeon, I thought it was rather hilarious the terrorists managed to crash TWO bloody planes "in" New York..
And it's totally okay for me to laugh at that, right? I mean comeon, everybody dies!
Great to know ! <3

It's not the death itself people are finding humorous, just the circumstances by which it occured. It's the same way that I can find the events of 9/11 horrendous but still feel indifferent about the victims themselves since I didn't actually know any of them.

Hell, if I can laugh at the Darwin Awards I can laught at this.

Gargantou said:
Dan, so it's okay for me to laugh at you if any close relatives(I.e. girlfriend, parents and such) are murdered or dies in accident?
Sure everybody dies, but however, being murdered ain't the same thing as simply DYING, if you DIE a natural death, then sure, who cares?
Do you laugh at WTC? I mean comeon, I thought it was rather hilarious the terrorists managed to crash TWO bloody planes "in" New York..
And it's totally okay for me to laugh at that, right? I mean comeon, everybody dies!
Great to know ! <3
Thanks for that bit of extreme maturity and intelligence.

Just read Mr. Hat's response for a better interpretation of my opinion. :p

Erestheux said:
Thanks for that bit of extreme maturity and intelligence.
Just read Mr. Hat's response for a better interpretation of my opinion. :p
HOLY SHIT! I didn't know Mr. Hat actually existed, I only thought he was a fictional creation!
Oh, and thanks for the compliment, I always try to improve my immaturity levels for ultimate obnoxiousness and annoyance!

Gargantou said:
HOLY SHIT! I didn't know Mr. Hat actually existed, I only thought he was a fictional creation!

You go to hell. You go to hell and you die :p

Gargantou said:
Great to know ! <3

Yeah, I'd be upset if you cracked some joke to me about a dead relative. But I wouldn't care if I didn't hear it now would I? The point is that you can't care about everybody. You don't care about my relatives. I don't care about dead people that I don't know. Infact most of the people I don't know are probably already dead. And death, even murder, disembowlment, torture, cancer is still death. It happens. It's not some profound subject to be revered and respected. It's as common as life. Every person around you is GOING TO DIE. That's no reason to start being all serious about it.

hmm, another word for laughing at this...Sadism

well, then call me a sadist, it's funny over what caused the debate...
However, (while not being in this department) I have a mate over in psych. This doesn't seem like much of a motive to begin with but over a period of time debating, you get angry

Back