Man what gives ?

Theman2k

Reaction score
Valve what gives ?
Just write the word - Gold .

Do it already , it drives me crazy all the day .

It's not like we didn't guessed it's going gold by now.

Come on plz :>

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this stupid thread , my third post here anyway :p

BTW - I love the halflife2.net community - You rock everyone :D

VALVe does not have a say in the matter.

Theman2k said:
Valve what gives ?

Actually it hasn't yet, its for the most part up to Vivendi when the game can go gold right now.

Theman2k said:
Valve what gives ?

Im with you :thumbs: brother

I'm kinda with you but ... none of this is in valves hands its in VIVENDIS hands ... they have a decision to make, wheter to be assholes or true gamerz ... i bet they choose to release it soon

Cyber, you call a bomb threat in the buildling, ill lock all the HL2 testers at vivendi in a room so they can't escape.
Then we can both go in there put a gun to there head and tell them to declare HL2 Gold or else they die!
Ok on 3!

Minerel said:
Cyber, you call a bomb threat in the buildling, ill lock all the HL2 testers at vivendi in a room so they can't escape.
Then we can both go in there put a gun to there head and tell them to declare HL2 Gold or else they die!
Ok on 3!

Not very funny...

Says it all but posts are being removed.

Vivendi is pleased to announce that Half-Life 2, sequel to the award winning game "Half Life", has officially gone GOLD! The shipping date is set for November 22, 2004. It will reach stores on November 23. The date for the UK release is December 1. It will retail at $55.99 USD. A collectors edition will be sold, with a DVD of extra features, for $70 USD. It will also be available for digital purchase via Steam, at $49.99

Whoa Who Whoa.... Hold the F.U.C.K. up. Usually, when a game goes gold, it doesn't take a month to copy it and distribute it to all the retailers. Most of the games that I have gotten recently hace been in stores at most two weeks after they have gone gold. That announcement is a piece of shit.

Griifin said:

Vivendi is pleased to announce that Half-Life 2, sequel to the award winning game "Half Life", has officially gone GOLD! The shipping date is set for November 22, 2004. It will reach stores on November 23. The date for the UK release is December 1. It will retail at $55.99 USD. A collectors edition will be sold, with a DVD of extra features, for $70 USD. It will also be available for digital purchase via Steam, at $49.99

That was of a site that was made to look like valves...you know that right? It wasn't even half-life2.com for the love of god!

No gold yet fellas. Just gotta hold on...

not to mention the announcement didn't mention the collectors edition will also be for sale on steam. they could at least get their facts straight

Griifin said:

Nice try but do you think Vivendi is that dumb to release it to the USA only... It will be a world wide release. UK and Oceania and the rest of Europe will get it at the same time... if they didn’t everyone would be getting it off steam only... so it will take at least a week or two more then a normal "gold -> release" time frame... :afro:

coZ said:
Nice try but do you think Vivendi is that dumb to release it to the USA only... It will be a world wide release. UK and Oceania and the rest of Europe will get it at the same time... if they didn’t everyone would be getting it off steam only... so it will take at least a week or two more then a normal "gold -> release" time frame... :afro:

What the hell are you talking about? Hasn't it been discussed before that the game is more likely to be released in the US before its released in the UK?

BrenTon said:
Just read what the damn link said , PUSHICON

Not to mention that they forgot to put the dash in between "Half-Life" so it looks like "Half Life". A bit unprofessional for a gold announcement don't you think?

Fake.

Nice try at what?

But my bad apparently that sites the shitnitz <shrugs>

Killa_TJH said:
What the hell are you talking about? Hasn't it been discussed before that the game is more likely to be released in the US before its released in the UK?

Link me to where it is talked about...

Doug Lombardi: Yes. There is no change in the date. The date of September 30 is worldwide. Including in France and England.
thats from an interview from last year... why would they change the way the ship the game?

Back